We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

Ljubljana, Slovenia
4 posts
Save Topic
Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

Hey,

Momondo and Skyscanner often find cheap tickets at airtickets.com, travelgenio.com, travel2be ...

What are your experiences with these websites, are they legitimate and safe to book air tickets with?

I found some (not so good) opinions about airtrip.com on this forum, but I cannot find anything useful about above mentioned websites (maybe I have overlooked it?)

Many thanks for your answers!

Edited: 25 August 2013, 16:47
772 replies to this topic
Melbourne
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

thank you all, read all your messages will now go and pay a little more booking with known provider. Why ruin holiday for 50.00

New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

I just used airtickets.com to buy tickets to Greece after I was linked there by skyscanner.com. These tickets were$250 cheaper per person than any other travel site. After reading reviews, I was pretty nervous, but I concluded it was a legitimate site that had customer service issues. I purchased my tickets, and I have now confirmed with the two carriers, Air Canada and Lufthansa, that I am in fact booked on those flights.

Bottom line is that it worked for me.

It seems strange to me that all these people have name changing ticket issues. I imagine Airtickets.com just takes the names you typed in and puts that name on the ticket. I wonder if some people just entered the incorrect information when filling out the page online. I would just suggest that people be careful filling out their information on the site.

I can't speak for their customer service, but I can say that I purchased tickets via airtickets.com and am now on the flights. Given that I am over 2 months out from my trip, I figured I could deal with a bad customer service department if necessary and it was worth it to save $500 altogether on flights.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

I imagine Airtickets.com just takes the names you typed in and puts that name on the ticket.

========

If they are like many others, the way they do that can be very low tech, literally retyping it, not some snazzy super duper direct connection to the airlines computer system.

Or if not retyped, by a low tech kludgy technique called "screen scraping" which is subject to errors and bugs because the airline only needs make a small inconspicuous change to their website to mess up the seamless transmission of information.

In either case, what you type in at one end doesn't necessarily come out the same at the airlines end.

Edited: 08 June 2014, 18:55
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

i booked Vietnam last november via Kayak and using Netflights (who had a sale) everything went smoothly, flying with Cathay Pacific and we saved quite a lot (tickets were less than £540) compared to their own website. So i do not agree that you should avoid them. Just do your research first and use the reputable ones.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

oh and i had a booking number and went straight on to cathay pacific and my booking was there with them.

England, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

My booking to Tunxi (Reservation Number: 4JGL6S)‏ with Airtickets.com

To whoever this may concern,

I have sorted this out all by myself. No thanks to anyone that I have spoken to on the phone from AirTickets (In particular Marielle [Yousef?]).

I am very unhappy that I was chasing up my own booking, considering I booked with airtickets, then I had to phone Air Canada and sort it out myself, especially after Marielle told me Air Canada is only open Monday - Friday but it is in fact 7 days a week 24/7 and that anyone, even the agency can contact them. It seems to me Marielle was just lazy, and she kept speaking over me on the phone, not listening to what I had to say - then Air Canada who you sell tickets for, she kept badmouthing them and calling them lazy and that they just couldnt be bothered to change the booking themselves - when really it is airtickets responsibility to fix my booking because I have booked with you - not direct with Air Canada.

As Steven from Air Canada said, after I had told him I had been trying to organise this with airtickets for 3 days and they kept telling me to contact Air Canada, that its ¨like ordering a burger from mcdonalds then bringing it to burger king to change it".

I feel like I have been doing Marielles job for her, I was the one who had to chase up Air Canada.

I am currently in South America and it costs alot of money to make an overseas phone call, so when I asked Marielle if I could just have a confirmation email sent to Air Canada and me saying I have permission to change my booking according to Air Canadas rules, and if the email could be sent straight away, she said she cant do it, that it is not guaranteed it will be sent right away. When I asked if I could speak with the person sending the emails (Akhin) to see if it could be done straight away, she said no the line is busy. When I said I am happy to hold (because obviously I wanted to make sure this problem was fixed after I had been waiting 3 days already) she said no she had other people on hold and could not keep me on hold any longer. When I said ¨no, I have been waiting on the phone, we havent fixed my problem yet, it doesnt matter about the other people on hold because I had been waiting on hold and then my problem wasnt fixed¨she kept replying that there were other people on hold - as if my problem didnt matter and as if it couldnt be sorted.

Marielle also told me nothing could be done until Monday, but it feels like airtickets has kept postponing/making me go around in circles. as I had originally emailed airtickets about me wanting to reroute my booking, in response to that email been told to then contact you directly, then been told on the phone that it can only be sorted by email, and in that email response been told to contact Air Canada to reroute my booking, then been told by Air Canada you guys are to reroute this for me as you are the agency I booked through and to email you guys again.Then this morning spent a long time trying to speak with Marielle, with my main request was if I have to do her job for her and chase around making phone calls to Air Canada if the least she could do was send an email to them letting them know my booking change has been approved (because when I chased up Air Canada the previous day they said because the booking was made through the agency it needs to be confirmed by them). When I asked Marielle this and asked if it could be done in the next 10 minutes (obviously because I had been trying to sort this out for long enough and wasnt getting anywhere, and wanted it fixed asap considering I am overseas) she said no she couldnt guarantee that, and kept telling me other people were on hold.

I am appalled that this is the service I received, I have travelled for over 16 months total, and of course I have caught many flights and dealt with many travel agencies and flight centres, and this is the rudest, unhelpful, staff person I have come across. I kept being talked over, the company airtickets is in association with (Air Canada) she kept badmouthing saying they were lazy and unwilling to help - when really it was Marielle that wasnt helping by not listening to what I kept trying to say, and not only that but she is talking bad about a company you are supposed to be working with! Then I had to chase them up myself, the only reason Air Canada helped me was because I literally started crying on the phone because you guys kept sending me back and forth and I just needed it sorted because it seemed all I was doing was calling around and sending emails. And the fact that it couldnt be sorted until Monday is a lie considering I asked Steven at Air Canada and he said no they can do it anyday, 7 days a week 24/7.

I would like this email forwarded onto the manager and would like to know what the managers response to this is please.

Also, is that 200USD fee airtickets fee for changing a booking. If so, I would like that fee waived considering I done all the work myself.

I am very unhappy with Marielles response, and airtickets in general for the other people I talked to on the phone and email all telling me different things. I would appreciate if this email could be forwarded on to Marielle and for her to be properly trained in customer service and to be taught not to speak negatively regarding partners you are in co-operation with as she was severely lacking in both of these skills. I would appreciate if you would listen to the phone call recording to see directly the things that I have previously stated.

Rerouting a booking should have been an easy thing to fix, it really should have been done 3 days ago when I first made the phone call - it took 15 minutes max for Air Canada to reroute my booking, even though it should have been done through airtickets.

I am definitely not happy and I am hoping I will get an appropriate response from the manager or her superior. It has been over 2 weeks since I sent this and am yet to receive a reply.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
87. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

Niki, posting your booking number on an open Internet forum is idiotic. I use the word carefully. With a little search someone could get into your booking and cancel it in a couple of clicks. What are you thinking? Delete your post.

88. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 20:35

89. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 June 2014, 20:35

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
90. Re: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??

If you book a "budget" ticket and your circumstances change, and you have to pay for it - WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING? You get what you pay for! You cannot blame the travel company! Are you kidding me

Can we have an unbias opinion of using one of the budget sites and not changing your ticket? How did your experience go? I don't want to read bias reviews from people who feel like they can shop at McDonalds and are entitled to Prime Steakhouse customer service. Unbelievable

Reply to: Opinions on booking on airtickets.com, travelgenio.com ...??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted