We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Berlin from Fort Myers to Dusseldorf

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
807 posts
272 reviews
Save Topic
Air Berlin from Fort Myers to Dusseldorf

My wife and I are going to Europe over XMAS. We found a great fare from RSW to Dusseldorf. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience flying with them. I can't seem to figure out if bags cost extra on them for transatlantic flights. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,089 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Berlin from Fort Myers to Dusseldorf

No personal experience but you might some info here.

http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/AB.htm

The baggage allowance will depend on your ticket.

airberlin.com/en-GB/…

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Berlin from Fort Myers to Dusseldorf

Air Berlin are a good quality budget airline.

As with all budget carriers, you pay extra for baggage etc.

If it's a good fare, I would go with them.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,402 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Berlin from Fort Myers to Dusseldorf

<As with all budget carriers, you pay extra for baggage etc.>

That is incorrect. You only have to pay for baggage if you book the very cheap "Just Fly" tariff on short and medium-haul flights.

You will have one piece checked baggage allowance as with all other airlines, if you fly long-haul with Air Berlin. Meal service and drinks are also included in all long-haul booking classes.

If it's a good air fare I would go for it! Also it's the only non-stop connection from RSW to Europe.

Edited: 26 August 2013, 12:29
Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
807 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Berlin from Fort Myers to Dusseldorf

Thx for the help. Sadly it is the only direct flight to europe

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,402 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Berlin from Fort Myers to Dusseldorf

What's so sad about it?

I've no personal experience on Air Berlin long-haul flights, I've read somewhere that the seat pitch is a bit less than with other carriers but other than that, I don't really see a difference to other carriers. They also have personal in-seat entertainment and you name it.

If I could choose between Air Berlin and...let's say United or British Airways and Air Berlin was significantly cheaper, I'd definitely go for it.

I've been on short-haul Air Berlin flights though and even there they offered all standard services at no extra charge. (checked bags, drinks, snacks)

They are no "full service" carrier, but they are also not a budget airline. Something inbetween if you will.

6. Re: Air Berlin from Fort Myers to Dusseldorf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 05:17