We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Online

Des Moines
Level Contributor
54 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Online

We have found flights Auckland to Kilimanjaro, Tanzania for $500 cheaper than travel agent can offer. How safe are we to book on either Cheapoair, webjet, Booking Buddy or Expedia. Need advise please.

Thank you.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,219 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Online

I have booked flights with Expedia with no problems and BB and CheapoAir I have looked at their sites, just read the fine print and be sure to book the flights you want and recheck before hitting the submit button

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Online

If you did a search on here on those names, I'd be amazed if you considered booking with any of them except possibly Expedia.

Note also that you almost certainly did NOT find a cheaper price (not by $500 anyway) you found a "from" price or a price that is >>advertised<< as being there but when you book, they take your money, and then email you two days later (yes, two days) and say "that fare is no longer available its now (guess what) $500 more and if you'd like your money back we'll get round to it eventually."

The advice always given here is , book direct with the airline.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,648 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Online

If you book with any 3rd party, and I personally wouldn't, then make sure that all the flights are on a single ticket so your connections are protected - some of them will sell a set of separately ticketed flights in order to appear cheaper but the passenger carries all the risk in the event of schedule changes/delay.

4. Re: Booking Online

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 06:20