We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing airlines at Lisbon Airport

Somerset, New Jersey
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Changing airlines at Lisbon Airport

I'm flying United "round-trip" US to Lisbon with a separate "round-trip" flight from Lisbon to Palma de Mallorca on Air Europa.

When I arrive at Lisbon airport, I will need to pick up my luggage at "Arrivals" and then go to "Departures" to check in for my Air Europa flight.

My questions are:

Do I go through immigration and customs on both ends?

Are there "red caps" available to help me with my luggage (a big bag, a carry-on and a backpack)?

Are there carts to go from Arrivals to Departures?

How long will it take me to make this "journey" through the airport? I have a 3-hour layover.

Thank you.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing airlines at Lisbon Airport

You will clear immigration in Lisbon. And if you pick up your bags you will clear customs also in Lisbon. When you recheck your bags they will get EU baggage tags so there will be no customs and no immigration in Palma.

Good luck with your connection. Seperate flights are always quite risky...

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
55 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing airlines at Lisbon Airport

see ana airports and take a look . lisbon have 2 terminals .. you don,t need to change terminals. young travel is wright. When you clear customs you are out... take nothing to declare ... usualy portuguese customs are "very friend" ... And don`t go out to the street...just go right and take the lift and you are in the departing floor just above. Unless your flight is late it is not a thigh conetion but in the early morning the chen-in is usualy crouded.

be fast . you do not ned go to passport control again.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
86,984 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changing airlines at Lisbon Airport

There are no "red caps".

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changing airlines at Lisbon Airport

<you do not ned go to passport control again.>

That's incorrect. OP will pass through the Schengen immigration and that's it. No passport control for "domestic" Schengen flights.

5. Re: Changing airlines at Lisbon Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 05:18