We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

Pembroke, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

I recently had a return trip from Luton airport to Bucharest OTP with the airline Wizzair. This was my first time flying with them.......and it will be my last!!.

On arriving at OTP for my return flight to Luton, we were delayed. Desk staff did not know what the delay was or for definate how long the delay was. Long story short........we boarded the plane eventually, to which everyone on board was subjected to being stuck in sweltering heat for 2 hours 20 minutes before late take off.

First, there was a fault with the plane's air conditioning. This fault must have been known about as the plane arrived shortly before we boarded, however we were still boarded to suffer.

Then after being told we would depart in 10 minutes, there was then a problem with one of the engine's generators, causing further delay. Then a 3rd delay after being told again we"d be departing shortly: they needed to update their flight plan. Passengers were irate and completely lost trust and faith in the flight crew.

Other mishaps included running out of food onboard; there being only about 20 baguettes and 30 tins of soup available for sale to a plane of 180 passengers. I asked a member of the cabin crew twice regarding purchase a baguette, both times being told to wait, then having to starve as they ran out of stock when the trolley arrived at my aisle.

There was no cash change for paying customers resulting in cabin crew asking passengers for change for their float.

This airline is a comedy show, travellers debating a flight with them dont bother! Use another airline if possible!.

The point of this thread is asking for information and advice regarding whether Wizzair are required to compensate passengers for this ordeal in any way?. Our flight was in total delayed approx 2 hours 20 minutes.

Thanks.

Pembroke, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

Leylandsunaddick, thank you for providing a yes or no answer I was looking for.

To other posters, I did not realise that myself and the other 179 passengers on board were in the wrong for everything that occured with the flight and the conditions we had. I may email Wizzair with an apology.

To you all, also, many thanks.

12. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 September 2013, 08:05
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

You were not to blame for the plane breaking down, nor for he fact that it didn't have airconditioning, but not buying a drink at the airport or a sandwich exacerbated your problem.

In future be prepared, I once sat at Manchester airport of over two hours in a hot plane and a member of the crew explained to me why drinks could not be served as they were not allowed to serve passengers while we were waiting for take off.

After that experience I have always made sure I don't get on a flight without a drink or hungry. That's the lesson to be learned here, be prepared.

Jackie

Edited: 31 August 2013, 23:19
Pembroke, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

ackie,

I was hoping to have been able to purchase food on board, as you expect with the service available to you. We should not have even been allowed to board, so had the operational staff had any common sense and not boarded us in sweltering conditions whilst the plane was being repaired, maybe I could have bought food airside in that 2 hour 20 minute period.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
37,453 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

There is no need to post the same thing 4 times!

Pembroke, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

There is no need to give it large.........there is obviously an error with my phone sending data multiple times

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,857 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

I have been served while delayed on the Tarmac on dozens of occasions, so I don't know why anyone would say there's a rule against it.

Canada
Level Contributor
5,158 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

I'm always puzzled by people who have to eat every few hours....I mean nagging hunger is a nuisance but in the great scheme of things???

I agree with Jackie - never get on a flight hungry, and if you need to nourish yourself every 3 hours like an infant...take granola bars, chocolates, drinks etc.

...and I lump LCC all in the same basket. I expect the food to be terrible or non-existant and plan accordingly.

Canada
Level Contributor
5,158 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

Also..."terrible"

I don't think so.

Houston Texas
Level Contributor
22 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Wizzair - PLEASE READ! Terrible experience!

One thing for travelers to understand is that airlines are not food service agencies. PLUS when they experience delays they are as stressed as the passengers (being late only cost them money). So food service becomes even less of a priority.....

Sorry for your issue, but join the quay