We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai Airways Excess baggage

Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Thai Airways Excess baggage

I am flying Thai Air to Bangkok. I am taking my golf clubs and want to know what they charge for excess baggage

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai Airways Excess baggage

It's complicated. Depends in your class of travel and where you are flying from and to. It's all here thaiairways.com/plan-your-trip/before-you-fl…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
318 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai Airways Excess baggage

yes it is complex and not easy to work out.we used them a couple of years ago and tried to establish a price and the way I read it it was going to be 55usd per kg back to Melbourne.not sure if that was right though as they just let us through with being 8kg over between 2 of us.got lucky I guess with the check in person.they are still at 20kg baggage for economy and no way to pre-purchase extra allowance I don't think.

enjoy your trip and golf. cheers

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,560 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai Airways Excess baggage

If you dont pay excess, in case of loss you will only get your 20 kg compensated.

Best to contact TG. They have offices in your country.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
8,766 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Thai Airways Excess baggage

If you are over your free baggage allowance you will be charged for 6 kg of excess baggage per golf bag.

From Australia to Thailand that would be US $ 180.- each way.

If in doubt you could contact Thai Airways reservations at 1300651960.

5. Re: Thai Airways Excess baggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 05:19