We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SYD-LHR Asiana airlines new route?

australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
SYD-LHR Asiana airlines new route?

I hope someone can help me. We have flown SYD - LHR with Asiana before and the only stop was a night in Seoul (all arranged by the airline). I rang Flight Centre today and they say the plane also now stops in Amsterdam! I hope this person didn't know what they were talking about as this seems silly. Why on earth would they also stop in Amsterdam? The Asiana website is hopeless for information. We really liked the fact that our journey was split almost exactly in half with the fantastic stopover in Seoul but adding Amsterdam to the mix just takes the length of the journey too far, particularly as we do not want to go to the Netherlands (been there, done that, never again). We like this airline for the smooth,easy way we got to the UK last time and really do not want to go with any of the major airlines as they get in to LHR early in the morning, whereas Asiana arrived early evening, allowing us to sleep on local time. This might not be the case now, with another stop on the way?

Thank you in anticipation.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SYD-LHR Asiana airlines new route?

When do you intend to travel?

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,672 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: SYD-LHR Asiana airlines new route?

Asiana's route map doesn't show AMS as an option at all.

au.flyasiana.com/Global/AU/en/homepage…

But if I'm missing something there, have a look at Korean Air - they also do SYD-LHR with an overnighter in Seoul and a late afternoon arrival in London.

Cathay and Singapore airlines also have afternoon arrivals at LHR and you can stop over in Hong Kong or Singapore. Try playing on www.kayak.com for possible permutations for this (I've been looking at a similar routing myself in the past couple of days).

australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: SYD-LHR Asiana airlines new route?

We are not travelling until early May.

Korean Air cram an extra seat into the centre row, I believe, so although they have good reviews, it must be more cramped than Asiana (I have researched this). Cathay..many have said the seats are hard and narrow...Singapore...too expensive for economy. If we must fly economy, Asiana has the best leg room, comfy seats, etc.

Originally we were going to try Virgin Atlantic PE but two things changed our minds: the very early morning arrival time at LHR and the many reports of surly staff and bad food. I know I seem fussy, but 23 hours is a long flight and last time was very nice, with Asiana.

Halwimsey, I agree, the route map doesn't show AMS as an option. Maybe when it comes closer to booking I will check again.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: SYD-LHR Asiana airlines new route?

Schedules for May 2014 are not final yet.

5. Re: SYD-LHR Asiana airlines new route?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 06:31