We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney to London (well Dublin really!) - business class

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Sydney to London (well Dublin really!) - business class

Early planning stages of a trip to Dublin, lucky enough to be going business, haven't travelled in such a long time so finding the choices tricky...

via Dubai? Hong Kong, Singapore, KL, or Bangkok... ie Qantas, Thai, Singapore Air, Cathay, Malaysian

Basically trying to decide on airline based on price, seating, and flying through / hours. And paying that much want to be able to choose seat on booking too!

I know it comes down to personal preference but anyone got an 'absolutely can't beat this airline' story?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney to London (well Dublin really!) - business class

Emirates fly from Sydney to Dublin via Dubai.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney to London (well Dublin really!) - business class

Yes, and the bonus is only one stop - but the downside is 14.5 hours flight and then another 9 I think...

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney to London (well Dublin really!) - business class

Dubai - Dublin is 7h50m.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney to London (well Dublin really!) - business class

Thanks Hans :-)

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sydney to London (well Dublin really!) - business class

We did Melbourne to Dubai with EK which is roughly the same flight time and actually the flight passed quite quickly.

However I wasn't too keen on the business class seats on the A380 - I felt very crammed in width wise but had plenty of room length wise. Might be better if you were in a single seat rather than the double seats we had in the middle. Bar at the back of the A380 is great through! Even got my picture taken behind the bar!!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sydney to London (well Dublin really!) - business class

That sounds great, thank you ne_quine :-)

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,131 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sydney to London (well Dublin really!) - business class

You shouldn't have a poor experience with any of those carriers, especially in business.

I actually prefer the A380. So much quieter than other airlines and Airbus have nailed the air humidity control.

I'd be guided, as you said, by cost and flight time. I've yet to be on a business class long haul flight and not been able to pick my seat but, unlike economy, they are all pretty good seats.

All things being equal, my choice would be SQ.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,372 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sydney to London (well Dublin really!) - business class

I would go Singapore Airlines. Superb service and whatever goes with it. Everything is well organised and orderly.You can choose your seats.

Edited: 02 September 2013, 16:39
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sydney to London (well Dublin really!) - business class

Thanks evamelb and NomadicForever - SQ looks amazing but may not be affordable in the end...still a bit early to get prices from all the airlines.

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sydney to London (well Dublin really!) - business class

I have done this on Etihad. In business no problems