We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UA Manchester to washington flight costs

Blackburn...
Level Contributor
44 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
UA Manchester to washington flight costs

I'm looking at flights from Manchester UK to washington DC for July 14. They are priced around £850 at the moment. Is this the usual sort of cost please or would I be better waiting a while before booking?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,246 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UA Manchester to washington flight costs

Nobody knows. Summer is peak time but the route has very limited competition so UA can charge what they like.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UA Manchester to washington flight costs

"Usual sort of cost" in past years is not necessarily any sort of indication for 2014. What prices have you found on other airlines, even with connections? It seems a bit early to buy, but if someone says they can predict what prices will be (go up or down), they're not right-- they're guessing (maybe an educated guess, but a guess nonetheless). What are the dates involved?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,885 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UA Manchester to washington flight costs

Whilst I do not know what will happen to prices in the future the flights for July 2014 will have only recently gone on sale and in my experience that's when they tend to be expensive.

I think £850 is high for that route and would definitely wait before buying - UA are offering that route for £419 in Jan 2014, £430 in March 2014 and £481 in May 2014.

Whilst there is no guarantee that fares for July 2014 will fall to this level there is every chance, in my opinion, of them being less than £850.

4. Re: UA Manchester to washington flight costs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 05:16