We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 hour transit late at night HK airport - facilities open?

Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Topic
3 hour transit late at night HK airport - facilities open?

Hi everyone,

I'm having a few problems finding the answer to this online!

I'm transitting through HK with Cathay Pacific landing at 10.30pm (from hanoi) and departing 1.30am (to uk). My bags will be checked through

I've never changed flights on the same ticket before (I've always had to go in and out of customs) - does anyone know how long I will actually have in the transit lounge?

I'm a bit worried no where will be open for a coffee at this time- if this is the case do you guys think a paid for lounge would be the right way to go?

Or is this not needed for 3 hours? Ideally I suppose I'd like to avoid the cost, but would rather not have to sit on a hard chair with everything closed!

Thanks so much for any pointers!

S.

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,935 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 hour transit late at night HK airport - facilities open?

Hi

don't worry that is not late and 3 hrs is not that long.

there will be lots open.Usually when you transit in Asia you have to go thru a security check point

follow the signs that say transit passengers. it is a quick check nothing major just look at passport and boarding pass for flight and look at carry-on then you are on to your gate.

IMO HK has the best toilets on a long flight I sometimes look forward to the toilets LOL

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 hour transit late at night HK airport - facilities open?

In HK 10:30pm isn't really that late and that also applies to the airport :)

There will be places open and there's always free wifi to help you pass the time :)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 hour transit late at night HK airport - facilities open?

There will be loads of places open to have a coffee we transitted around the same time and it was very busy.

southern england
Level Contributor
263 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 hour transit late at night HK airport - facilities open?

We had a red eye out of hk to lhr at 0130, the airport was basically dead from about 11pm,managed to get a drink,but that was all.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai Region, Shenzhen, Bangkok
Level Contributor
7,500 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 hour transit late at night HK airport - facilities open?

very busy time for HKIA. No problem.

6. Re: 3 hour transit late at night HK airport - facilities open?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 05:17