We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small Planet Airlines

Durham England
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Small Planet Airlines

Due to fly out from Manchester on 12 September on flight number P7437 at 16.10. I've been watching this flight last week and this and unfortunately it was one hour delayed last week and 2 hours delayed this week. The incoming flight was early so cannot understand why it was so delayed. It also appeared to board on time. The last thing I want is to on a plane for two hours or more before it even takes off. Has anyone else flown on this flight in recent weeks and were you delayed and if so for how long?

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small Planet Airlines

There is nothing you can do. Why worry ?

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Consider yourself to have got a rightl result if your SPA flight is only 2hrs late, suggest you read the numerous threads about them on T/A

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Small Planet Airlines

In recent months many people would be praying for a only a two hour delay with Small Planet. Do a search on them and see for yourself.

Delays happen with all airlines and just because your flight has been delayed one day it doesn't follow that it will be delayed the next.

Really, an hour or two delay is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Durham England
Level Contributor
96 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Small Planet Airlines

I have read the reviews that's why I am worried!! I asked for replies from people who had been on this flight not from people who think I should consider myself lucky to be only 2 hours delayed!

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Small Planet Airlines

If you have read all the threads then you have already heard from people that have flown with SPA, what more do you want? no one can tell you about a flight that hasn't taken place yet

6. Re: Small Planet Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 September 2013, 22:05
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Please note over 60% of our flights depart within 15 minutes of scheduled departure , over 85% of our flights depart within an hour of scheduled departure. Many Thanks SPA

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Jeez SPA-It's the 15% that don't depart within one hour that produces all the threads on Tripadvisor!!!

Ps whilst we are on the subject of YOU, when are you going to start paying compensation under EU261/2004 to passengers for delays ???

Edited: 09 September 2013, 16:07
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Those statistics from SPA spokesperson defy belief on all the evidence of this forum. Damned lies and statistics.......

Did he mean "scheduled departure" or "re-scheduled departure"? There is a big difference especially if you turned up at the airport for the "scheduled departure" only to find it had been re-scheduled for 12/24 hours later.

Despite the spin this airline is a joke.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,636 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Friends of mine are currently still sitting in Manchester airport waiting to board flight P7225 TO Chania, Crete with no info on when they are flying.

Flight time was 8.30am, so already 5 hours delayed.

They arent at all happy !

Edited: 10 September 2013, 13:29