We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small Planet Airlines

Durham England
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Small Planet Airlines

Due to fly out from Manchester on 12 September on flight number P7437 at 16.10. I've been watching this flight last week and this and unfortunately it was one hour delayed last week and 2 hours delayed this week. The incoming flight was early so cannot understand why it was so delayed. It also appeared to board on time. The last thing I want is to on a plane for two hours or more before it even takes off. Has anyone else flown on this flight in recent weeks and were you delayed and if so for how long?

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Small Planet Airlines is returning two of its oldest aircraft to the owners. Instead of these aircraft, the company has signed agreements regarding 3 newer Airbus A320-200 aircraft. In total, the fleet of the airline will be comprised of 10 aircraft next year, one of which will be a stand-by unit. Many Thanks SPA

wigan Lancashire...
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Small Planet Airlines

I see that SP never replied to your comment they are beyond a joke I have over 12 months of letter a county court judgment which I won and have never received payment for a 10 hour delay in Sept 12 I have now SP lawyer's email address if anyone wants this please let me know I am willing to give it to anyone as its time

this company did the right thing by their customers and either prove the extra ordinary circumstances as they have to by law or pay the compensation . I am getting together a group of people effected by flight delays of more than 3 hours with SP and we are going to the national newspper and TV with our stories they have ignored us for too long .

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
21 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Small Planet Airlines

I will happily join you in this, and I am sure some of the disaffected 'customers' from Skiathos will as well. 24 hour delay and flown back to Gatwick not Birmingham. No response at all from Small Planet. Hellenic Air Authority got a reply from them that stated they did not even have a flight scheduled to bring us back to Birmingham. Olympic 'Holidays' by the way. You are right, it is about time we stood up as customers and were listened too.

corfu
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Hi SPA Re SPA post 15.9,2013

Of these aircraft how many will be based in UK/France and will you continue to 'hire' out planes to other airlines at the last moment - which I have heard is behind your delay problem - aircraft not in right place and/or your staff having used up their flying time on other adhoc flights and not the scheduled flights we have booked on with yourselves?

I have booked my holiday through Olympic again this year (it is only one that I cant book my chosen hotel through) and would just like to know what you have put in place to ensure you are able to deliver this year?

Having been through all his with Olympic/Strategic air I suppose my biggest worry is that due to the high number of claims against you and the sheer cost of putting whole flight up in hotels that you may not make it until August :(

Edited: 05 January 2014, 10:09
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Dear jaybirdCorfu,

Two aircrafts (1 Boeing 737-300 and 1 Airbus320) will be based in UK and one aircraft (Airbus320) will be based in FR during the summer 2014 season. Also, as we have mentioned before, one aircraft (Airbus320) will be a stand-by unit for the extra cases. In this way we want to avoid any possible delays and to make sure all of our passengers are carried to their holiday destinations smoothly and on time.

Many thanks,

SPA

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Well SPA I hope 2014 turns out to be a better year for many of your passengers than 2013 was.I am talking about punctuality and airport booked being airport travelled from and back to.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
21 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Well I finally had a reply from SPA after them not being able to fly me to and from Birmingham last Summer - Manchester out and Gatwick back (with 24 hour delay). 5 months to respond to a letter, and they assure me they investigated thoroughly and they had extenuating / extraordinary circumstances BUT ARE TOTALLY UNABLE TO DETAIL WHAT THEY ARE!!!!!!! You need to pay compensation to those affected passengers. Stop hiding behind your overseas office and step up to the mark.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Small Planet Airlines

SPA it would be rather useful if you could advise the travelling public which tour operators you are contracted to work for in 2014 so at least they will have to opportunity to avoid you like a dose of the clap?

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
21 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Small Planet Airlines

Good point 289jumper. However, as SPA clearly do not care about the travelling public it is unlikely to happen.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
21 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Small Planet Airlines

The Italian Civil Aviation Authority (ENAC) has issued a decision to suspend the operating license of “Small Planet Airlines Italia” in Italy.

At least the Italians are waking up to the reality of SPA! Our own CAA DO NOT CARE ABOUT UK CUSTOMERS and washed their hands of the complaints, passing it back to SPA to deal with! Come on CAA do something to help us.