We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Esta

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
New Esta

Hello,

I am going away to the States and Canada next year and I already have an approved ESTA which I completed in July. I have to apply for a new passport as my previous passport does not have a digital photograph (luckily I spotted that in time). Anyway, I know I have to apply and pay for a new Esta when I receive my new passport but I'm just worried it may cause issues as I only applied for an Esta with my old passport number around 6 weeks. Will I be ok?

Hope this makes sense and all responses welcome. Thanks for the help.

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Esta

Not exactly sure what you mean with around 6 weeks. But I had to get a new passport after my old one was stolen and applied for a new ESTA and had no problems at all.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Esta

Some old passports might still meet the requirements for US entry. Have you checked that?

Anyway, if you have a new passport you need a new ESTA, there is no other way. I don't think it will cause a problem that you applied for an ESTA a couple of weeks ago.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Esta

Thank you for your replies,

I called the UK passport office and to be honest they weren't too helpful so I thought it was best for me to just apply for a new passport-the photo in my old passport had to go :).

That's very re-assuring, as soon as I get my new passport, I will reapply for the ESTA and hopefully will not have any problems.

Thanks again guys!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,076 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Esta

Wont be a problem, your existing ESTA will simply be cancelled when you apply for a new one. People have to do it all the time as a result of damage or loss to the previous passport.

5. Re: New Esta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2014, 05:17