We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Query in Flight Transit

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Query in Flight Transit

I am a citizen of India currently residing in UK with a work permit visa. I also hold a valid visitor Visa (B1/B2) for USA. I am planning a tour to US from UK during winter holidays. Before booking the flight tickets I need to know whether I can transit through any other country without having the visa of that particular country through which I transit to US from UK.

Note: I hold Indian passport with Valid UK work permit visa and US visitor visa.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
378 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Query in Flight Transit

What country? Has nothing to do with U.S. visa rules.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,618 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Query in Flight Transit

"I need to know whether I can transit through any other country without having the visa of that particular country" - Impossible to answer as the rules for each country differ, for example you need an ESTA or Visa for the USA even if you are only in transit and won't be leaving the airport. You'll need to check the specific requirements once you know which countries you intend to transit through on the way from UK to US.

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Query in Flight Transit

The flight transit will be mostly via european countries when we book a ticket from UK to US. I need to know whether I can transit through any european country without having their visa when I travel from UK to US.

Note: I hold Indian passport with Valid UK work permit visa and US visitor visa.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Query in Flight Transit

That would depend upon which European country. There is no general answer. Iceland, Switzerland, France and Turkey to give four examples, will likely all have different rules, even if the end result is the same.

You also say "we" but don't say if the "we" also hold, like you do "Indian passport with valid UK work permit visa and US visitor visa" nor what sort of visas you have , re they multiple entry, one time, etc.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,618 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Query in Flight Transit

For this type of question you would be better getting an answer from the relevant official authorities rather than relying on information provided on TA which could be wrong or out of date.

Do you really want to risk turning up at the UK airport to be denied boarding because you didn't have the correct documentation - saying they told me on TA that I wouldn't need a visa wont get you on the plane.

6. Re: Query in Flight Transit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 06:21