We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I bring cookies back home from NZ?

Wellington...
1 post
Save Topic
Can I bring cookies back home from NZ?

Hi guys.

This may be a weird question, but I'm going to do some xmas shopping over here in Wellington, New Zealand. I'm going to be here till the half of December. My grandma loves chocolate and they're very traditional with cookies and tea over here...

SO, my question is, because I can't find it online: Can I bring a few packs of cookies with me when I go back to Europe? Does someone know?

I really don't know if you can take vacuum packed chocolate in you checked luggage.

Please helpt me out!

x

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I bring cookies back home from NZ?

Majbritt you need to tell us where back home is. It is the country you want to take them into that will determine what cannot be taken in.

I have taken liccorice, biscuits, tea leaves and chocolate into the UK if that helps.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I bring cookies back home from NZ?

if it is the UK, here is a link: …hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/…

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I bring cookies back home from NZ?

Chocolate in checked luggage is generally ok but be aware that if you have a lot, it is heavy.

Main thing though is first check the official govt site of your home country.

Cheers.

4. Re: Can I bring cookies back home from NZ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 05:17