We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EGYPT AIR incompetence!!!

Dahab, Egypt
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
EGYPT AIR incompetence!!!

Today 10/09/2013 2.20 pm Egyptian time my husband was supposed to take a plane from Cairo to Istanbul. Flight number MS735 (L)/

In Istanbul he was supposed to make transit stop and take next plane to Ercan airport at Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.

But at the Cairo Internatiol Airport on the check-in desk airline employee didn't make the regitration. They said that my husband, Egyptian citizen needs visa to enter Turkish Rebulic of Northern Cyprus.

We know that by the law of Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus Egyptian citizens DO NOT need visa to enter the country. We've check this information before trip!

So, because of the negligence and incompetence of employee my husbad misses the flight, lost his ticket and money. Also it had great emotional cost!

So we would to ask EgyptAir to change the date of flights and provide the flights without any additional charges from Cairo to Istanbul and from Istanbul to Ercan.

The flight from Cairo to Istanbul was provided by EgyptAir.

Flight from Istanbul was provided by Turkish Airlines.

Please, if anyone have any good ideas for us or can help, we will be happy to hear from you!

Dahab, Egypt
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: EGYPT AIR incompetence!!!

Yes, they did check the luggage till Ercan and he even got the boarding pass. But other lady came and said that he need visa to enter Northern Cyprus so he can't go. A lot of time was spent for talking and explaining. They refuse to contact Ercan Mogratio Servise for visa info, so he missed the flight and they asked him to leave.

Penrith, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: EGYPT AIR incompetence!!!

hello, i am very interested in this post as my husband is planning on flying to Ercan Airport, also via Istanbul, from Egypt and he is Egyptian. Please can you tell us what you have found out and whether or not Egyptians do need visa to enter TRNC? I can only imagine how horrible is would feel to be in that situation when arriving at the airport, especially after doing a lot of research!

Thank you so much,

s

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: EGYPT AIR incompetence!!!

'All other nationals should check their position with regard to passports and visas with the nearest Embassy or Office of Representative of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.'

Is the advice on their website. If he is an Egyptian national it looks like he needs a visa.

Edited: 20 October 2013, 21:24
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: EGYPT AIR incompetence!!!

I assume he took physical evidence of prior research with him to plead his case?

15. Re: EGYPT AIR incompetence!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2014, 05:15