We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiara Air Aruba - Avoid at any cost!!!

Köln
Level Contributor
1 post
72 reviews
Save Topic
Tiara Air Aruba - Avoid at any cost!!!

Tried to fly back to Punto Fijo (Venezuela) two weeks ago with my family. I called the Tiara airport office in the morning to confirm the flight after I saw a 4 hours flight delay on their website (from what iI have experienced with Thiara and heard flight delays are the rule rather than the exception).

Once at the airport we saw that the flight was actually cancelled, together with the same flight the day before, a flight to Fort Lauderdale etc. So the next 8 hours with two elderly (> 80 years) and with the Tiara team was:

- absolute chaos

- no information at all from the airline about whether and how we could travel on...

- Ca. 400 stranded travellers all over time ending up at the Tiara airport office

- An absolutely incapable, unfriendly and rude staff (managers like Ivan Trump would''t even collect the garbage in my country)

- After 8 hours finally ending up at a hotel with dinner for a 5 hour overnight stay to finally being flown out 07.00am the next morning!

AVOID AT ALL COST!

Indianapolis
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Tiara Air Aruba - Avoid at any cost!!!

This is probably the worst airline on Earth!

Most of the time they are late, very rude staff and they don't know the meaning of costumer service.

Statesville, North...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Tiara Air Aruba - Avoid at any cost!!!

DON'T DO IT. DO NOT BOOK A FLIGHT ON THIS AIRLINE. IT WILL RUIN YOUR VACATION AND COST YOU EXTRA MONEY TO PAY FOR ANOTHER FLIGHT TO GET YOU WHERE YOU ARE GOING.

We had an early morning flight booked on Tiara Air from Bonaire to Aruba last October to catch a connecting flight on USAir to Charlotte. We sat in the Bonaire airport all day waiting for our flight to Aruba, but it was delayed time and time again and finally we were told it was cancelled. They took all of us to a hotel to stay the night and 15 minutes later they came back to the hotel to pick us up - they said they were flying us to Curacao where we were booked on Insel Airline's first flight of the day to Aruba - Lies, Lies, Lies and more lies. We sat in the airport again waiting on a flight to Curacao. A couple of hours later we were flown to Curacao where we were taken to a hotel for the night. The hotel desk clerk was rude (he probably worked for Tiara Air too - rudeness seems to be highly valued by Tiara Air). He told us that he did not have enough rooms and we would have to double up. I refused to stay in a room with a total stranger and he finally decided that he did have enough rooms. We were picked up early the next morning and taken to the airport. We went to the Insel Air checkin counter and they had no reservations for any of us. I finally found a Tiara Airline employee and basically told her I wasn't leaving her office until she went with me the Insel Airline counter. She was rude and could have cared less about getting any of us on that flight. In fact she wasted enough time that by the time she finally talked to someone at Insel it was too late to get any of us on the flight. All of the remaining flights on Insel were full until late afternoon which once again caused us to miss our flight in Aruba. Additionally, we were never assured they would put us on that late afternoon flight. At this point I wanted a ticket so I would have verification that I had a flight to Aruba. They would not do that or really anything for any of us. They were rude and everything any of us asked was answered with no we can't do that. I finally an office that let me use their computer and I booked a flight for me and my husband on American Airlines from Curacao to Charlotte. I had to pay for the flight myself. I lost the fare for the non-refundable flight from Aruba to Charlotte and never got a refund (OR EVEN AN APOLOGY) from Tiara Air. They gave me number to call and I tried email but no response was ever given - they literally do not care. SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY - DO NOT FLY TIARA AIR TO TRY TO SAVE MONEY - IT WILL BE A DISASTER AND COST YOU MORE MONEY IN THE END WHEN YOU HAVE TO BOOK ANOTHER FLIGHT.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
17,984 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Tiara Air Aruba - Avoid at any cost!!!

You booked separate tickets? That's as far as I got before I gave up. You might want to use paragraphs next time so others can read.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,786 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Tiara Air Aruba - Avoid at any cost!!!

Ginger D

Firstly there was no need to shout and using paragraphs would have encouraged me to read your post properly.

The number of times you encountered rude people makes me wonder whether this was not a two way street and saying a hotel work probably worked for the airline was just plain silly.

Oh I don't work for them either before you level that accusation at me.

25. Re: Tiara Air Aruba - Avoid at any cost!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 20:07
26. Re: Tiara Air Aruba - Avoid at any cost!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2015, 08:18