We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adding another person to existing SW reservation

Spartanburg, South...
Level Contributor
945 posts
Save Topic
Adding another person to existing SW reservation

Can I add another person to my existing reservation on Southwest? I am sure someone here knows.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,281 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adding another person to existing SW reservation

What would be the purpose. Just make a reservation for that individual. Seats are not reserved anyway.

Spartanburg, South...
Level Contributor
945 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Adding another person to existing SW reservation

So...I can log into my account and make a reservation for another person?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,338 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adding another person to existing SW reservation

You can do it whether you log onto your account or not.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,897 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adding another person to existing SW reservation

Just buy another ticket. Not sure what you are worrying about?

Spartanburg, South...
Level Contributor
945 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Adding another person to existing SW reservation

I am not worried about anything.....if I was I would have called Southwest directly. I just thought this was a helpful place. I booked a flight earlier this year for me and my brother ...the price dropped and I rebooked. I saved 93 dollars for each of our flights(in the form of a credit). You can only use the credit in the name of the original ticketed passenger. I had already used my credit. I booked a flight to Vegas and then my brother said he would like to go. So.......I was looking to just add him on since the price had jumped and I did not want to rebook mine at a higher cost, With all that said I called Southwest and now my brother can't go .....and I do have the answers to all my questions......my new worries are will I get sick at the Vegas buffets or should I hoard Nabisco snacks and peanuts off the airplane to eat while in Vegas,

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,897 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adding another person to existing SW reservation

Had you explained the situation in your original post we would have understood your problem! Sorry it didn't work out for you the way you wished.

7. Re: Adding another person to existing SW reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 05:19