We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easyjet

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
easyjet

just had an email about my forthcoming easyjet flight regarding online booking etc but then i noticed this paragraph and wondered what this means if you do not have luggage to check in only hand luggage does this apply? see below

Due to local regulations in place at -, your online boarding pass does not allow you into the departure area, so you must present yourself at BAG DROP to receive a validation stamp from our team. Failure to present yourself at BAG DROP at least 60 minutes prior to scheduled flight departure time will result in you being unable to fly

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,647 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: easyjet

My interpretation is that it means that you have to get your online boarding pass validated at the bag drop desk before you can get past security into the departure lounge.

Probably something to do with airport restrictions and applies whether you have cabin bags only or checked bags.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: easyjet

Hmm yes i know but i use easyjet all the time as a frquent flyer and only use hand luggage but have never had to to do this just wondered if this is a new policy but concerned it was only in the small print and not had any other notification about it

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,173 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: easyjet

What country are you flying to? I would say it is to check that passengers have the relevant entry requirements for that country.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,004 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: easyjet

Ann,

At which airport is this referring to (you said "Due to local regulations in place at -,"?

Interesting to note that BA were about to roll out something similar for short haul passengers departing Heathrow T5. They announced it on Wednesday, but after a couple of days retracted it on Friday - flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executiv…

Greystoke, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: easyjet

We are flying from Edinburgh to Geneva on 26 Jan. I just received an email with the same paragraph about getting a validation stamp 60mns before departure at the bag drop - we too only fly with hand luggage, so would normally go straight to security.

I can't find any info on the easyJet website - can update on what happened when you travelled please?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
8,334 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: easyjet

Interesting. Do not know facts. Below are just guesses from my side.

This could either have to do with airport regulations or that easyJet had too many no-shows.

In some airport you can pass through automated gates with a valid printed boarding pass. It could be that from a security aspects there are doubts from some airport authorities.

If you have to validate your boarding pass latest 60 minutes before departure, then easyJet could sell additional tickets 1 hours before the flight. Without validation there is no more enough time to do so in average.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: easyjet

I flew with Easyjet a couple of weeks go to London and didn't have to go to the bag drop, I just went straight to the gate with my boarding pass so it must be something new but the only people who can give you any info would be Easyjet themselves so I would send them an e-mail and ask.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,846 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: easyjet

http://tinyurl.com/o5uhyat

It says some airports require you to validate your boarding pass.

Greystoke, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: easyjet

I have now printed my boarding passes. On them it says, "You have no hold luggage. Please check your cabin baggage fits into the bag gauge and go directly to the departure gate".

Clearly easyJet's left hand doesn't know what its right hand is doing.

Not going to phone and pay to listen to music. Website says the server is to busy to handle queries. Have tried tweeting but not holding my breath. Thanks to all who responded.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,846 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: easyjet

Again you haven't bothered to really check their website for information.

http://tinyurl.com/pc2ofw6