We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qs re Aer Lingus Dublin to Boston

Derry
Destination Expert
for Derry
Level Contributor
745 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Qs re Aer Lingus Dublin to Boston

Hi there,

We are travelling from Dublin in October and wondered;

- will we be supplied with headphones for using the entertainment service?

- will there be a complimentary meal provided?

My booking is offering an option to purchase a meal, but I thought that this would be included in our ticket price (economy).

- will the flight stop at Shannon after departing Dublin? If so, do we get off and how long is the stop-over?

We have received our ESTA approvals on-line - will we have any paperwork to complete on the flight?

Thanks in advance!

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
5,029 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qs re Aer Lingus Dublin to Boston

The DUB - BOS flights don't stop at Shannon, they are advertised as non-stop.

Complimentary meals are provided in economy, but they are obviously hoping to extract some cash from you in exchange for a "better" meal.

You'll need to complete a US Customs declaration form at some point.

Can't help with the headsets, I'm afraid.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,869 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qs re Aer Lingus Dublin to Boston

"My booking is offering an option to purchase a meal, but I thought that this would be included in our ticket price (economy)."

There is a free meal service for long haul economy, but there's also an option to pay for a "better" meal - aerlingus.com/inflight-experience/…

"will the flight stop at Shannon after departing Dublin? If so, do we get off and how long is the stop-over?"

Which flight are you on (flight number and date)? Usually these days not, but more details please.

"We have received our ESTA approvals on-line - will we have any paperwork to complete on the flight?"

You will need to complete a US Customs declaration form for clearance into the US. But, if your flight is eligible for pre-clearance at Dublin, you will do that and clear US Immigration and Customs before you board the flight. If not, then you'll need to complete that for US immigration. Information about which flights use pre-clearance and which do not are available here. At the moment it appears that Boston flights do not pre-clear so you will have to complete the Customs form in flight and present it at BOS - aerlingus.com/travelinformation/…

Derry
Destination Expert
for Derry
Level Contributor
745 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qs re Aer Lingus Dublin to Boston

Ok thanks folks.

I think we'll just stick with the supplied meal then and be prepared to fill out the customs paperwork during the flight.

Our flight no. is EI0139.

So just wondering now about the headsets?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qs re Aer Lingus Dublin to Boston

headsets are provided

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,498 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qs re Aer Lingus Dublin to Boston

I've flown this route several times. Free headsets and meal, which has always been decent quality. We've always had seatback TVs as well, which is great. We also pre-cleared immigration at Dublin on our last flight instead of in Boston, but I am not certain that they do that for the Boston flights at present, maybe just the JFK ones. Flight is nonstop, no stop at Shannon. I like Aer Lingus, always a good experience flying with them. Have a nice trip.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,804 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Qs re Aer Lingus Dublin to Boston

Youtube " U S Customs at dublin airport "

P.S. E I 137 and E I 139 both Dublin to Boston

will clear customs on arrival in Boston.

enjoy your trip.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,498 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Qs re Aer Lingus Dublin to Boston

I thought I had heard that. Too bad, pre clearing at Dublin was very convenient.

Derry
Destination Expert
for Derry
Level Contributor
745 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Qs re Aer Lingus Dublin to Boston

Thank you BooKat and Rick, very helpful!

9. Re: Qs re Aer Lingus Dublin to Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 06:22