We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage in transit throughSingapore Changi

Legian, Indonesia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Baggage in transit throughSingapore Changi

My 81 year old mum and myself (61) are travelling to London, however for strange reasons we are travelling on 2 separate airlines. Qantas Premium Economy Sydney to Singapore, and Business on Air France Singapore to London. Is there anyway I can have luggage transferred in Singapore or do I have to go out through customs, collect and then go to Terminal or can I do it in Transit?

Shoalhaven...
Level Contributor
2,912 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage in transit throughSingapore Changi

How about you ask the company you purchased the ticket from (ie. Travel agent/airline) or contact Qantas who will be able to tell you if they can do this.

In my opinion it is highly likely that this will not be an issue, but always best to check direct with the airline concerned ex-Sydney - ie. Qantas

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage in transit throughSingapore Changi

Air France code shares with Qantas so your luggage will be checked straight through to London from Sydney.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baggage in transit throughSingapore Changi

Check with Qantas but should be ok, do note though that as this is quite a round-about routing for that journey you will be changing flights also in Paris so you will travel from Paris to London on the European style business class which is 'nothing' compared to the long haul sectors.

"for strange reasons" - sorry to ask ( none of my business ) but did 'you' choose that routing or your travel agent ? there are lots of very good options Business Class from Australia to London

Edited: 17 September 2013, 15:22
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baggage in transit throughSingapore Changi

If you can't check your luggage all the way you can go to the transit desk when you arrive at Changi to collect your boarding passes for your next flight. They will transfer your checked luggage to your next plane.

5. Re: Baggage in transit throughSingapore Changi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 06:20