We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Atlantic London Gatwick to Orlando MCO Food Options

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Atlantic London Gatwick to Orlando MCO Food Options

I am vegetarian not totally vegan ~ what to choose? yesterday, 23:22 Normally I select Asian vegetarian, which is usually lovely. But I am thinking of selecting something different, I don't like eggs, what would be best to choose, lacto vegetarian or vegan vegetarian, or should I stick with the Asian vegetarian. I would love a spinach pasta or pasta with ricotta and spinach, am afraid they may offer me something with eggs....or a pudding made with eggs. Any advice. Kind Regards Catherine

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Atlantic London Gatwick to Orlando MCO Food Options

Catherine.

I see you are new to TA and I suspect you are possibly new to flying ? I have tried to answer your other question regarding seats for viewing the sunset but I won't even attempt to answer this one. Have you checked the Virgin website to see what meal options are available on this flight first of all ??

Bottom line is you are boarding an aircraft, so I think you need to be realistic about what may and may not be available. A lot will depend on which class of cabin you are booked in for a start, but whichever cabin, don't expect a huge choice or meals cooked to order !!.

Happy travels.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Atlantic London Gatwick to Orlando MCO Food Options

Thanks for your reply, I've flown several times with Virgin over to see my brother in Florida and have always plumped for the Asian vegetarian, always very good, just wanted to try something different, but unsure, as mentioned don't like eggs. Maybe I would be safer choosing what I know!!! Have to say the food in Economy for veggies was good, well the Asian veggie never disappoints, as for the other options of Lacto vegetarian or Vegan I don't know, which is why I thought of asking.....

Kind Regards

Catherine

Edited: 18 September 2013, 04:37
East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin Atlantic London Gatwick to Orlando MCO Food Options

Fair enough Catherine,

Your other post regarding which seats was posted in the Orlando forum ( where I answered ) you might want to move that over here onto the Air Travel Forum but I suspect the answers will be pretty much the same.

Happy travels. BB54

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin Atlantic London Gatwick to Orlando MCO Food Options

Catherine, if you check the virgin atlantic website or give them a ring I'm sure they can tell you what they have that doesn't contain eggs. Also as a previous poster has said, it's on board an aircraft so best not to have to high expectations.

Edited: 18 September 2013, 08:26
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin Atlantic London Gatwick to Orlando MCO Food Options

In your position where you are very particular* what to eat, i suggest you buy something at the airport and take it on board, it can be your main meal or a snack, depending if you get what you are expecting. Given all the issues with Virgin food in particular, and mess ups with ordered food in general and Virgin in particular, you have no guarantees at all that what you order or expect will be what you get. Given its fairly infrequent travel, and you know there is one choice you like, i would stick with that choice, and still plan as if it wont be available,

* no criticism intended, its just that if you have particular requirements, for whatever reason, its a pragmatic fact you cannot count on airlines to cater for you and so have to look out for yourself.

Edited: 18 September 2013, 09:02
supersteveo
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin Atlantic London Gatwick to Orlando MCO Food Options

I have only flown transatlantic with Virgin once, ( economy class). The food selection, and drinks service on board could be described as dire. Please don't expect too much from Virgin, you will be dis-appointed.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin Atlantic London Gatwick to Orlando MCO Food Options

I'm sorry but it's an airplane so if you're really fussy about what you eat, you need to take your own. With the best will in the world, Virgin's priority on departure day is not going to be ensuring they've loaded a specific meal to meet your requirements. Of course they will try their best, but they will have bigger things to worry about, like loading the correct amount of fuel to reach Orlando safely, ensuring every passenger has the necessary paperwork for entry to the US and doesn't just get sent straight home at Virgin's expense, pushing back before they lose their take off slot ..... minor stuff like that. Just think for a minute about how complicated it must be to get the show on the road at all and your eggs or no eggs conundrum will fade into insignificance.

Edited: 12 June 2014, 13:31
8. Re: Virgin Atlantic London Gatwick to Orlando MCO Food Options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 05:15