We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early bird airfares for 2014

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Early bird airfares for 2014

From Australia to Europe are being advertised now! They say must book and pay by November, my question is are there unlimited seats or if I wait till November will they all be sold out at that price? Trouble is if I book today have to pay In three days time. Many thanks.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,719 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Early bird airfares for 2014

Where are you going to ?

and when are you intending to go ?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,663 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early bird airfares for 2014

There are never "unlimited" seats! Sale prices are usually for a certain number of seats and when they are gone they are gone. IF they don't sell out then the airline/s may have another sale but you'll never know until it actually happens.

Lake Crystal...
Level Contributor
598 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early bird airfares for 2014

Is this a genuine offer from an airline or a bait-and-switch from a third party?

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early bird airfares for 2014

thank you all. Very definitely genuine. with the airlines, normal procedure at this time of year and approaching the year end. I would NOT use third party to book a fare. I could go and buy it this afternoon and part with the money and get the deal but maybe it might or might not be still available in November. We usually get three waves of early bird specials, this one, another towards the end of November, then another around February. Each time the carrot they offer usually gets shorter. I think Riff M is right in what he says in post two. I want to leave from Brisbane go to Barcelona, make my own way to London, then return to Oz from LHR with a free side trip from Singapore! Singapore air is the one I am looking at. I know it is good. May is the month I want to go. Thanks again.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early bird airfares for 2014

Well just back from travel agent and have a booking in the system. What was going to be a free side trip to Phuket just because I could has turned out to be New York for very few dollars. Can be done with a bit of jiggery pokery. Once I have gone over details tonight I will happily pay tomorrow. Thanks.

6. Re: Early bird airfares for 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 06:22