We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What price to book for February to spain

6 posts
Save Topic
What price to book for February to spain

I'm looking to go from San Francisco to Valencia at the end of February 2014. I've been searching on the forum looking for when to buy my flight but the conclusion seems to be that there is no "best time" to book and to book when I see a fare that I like.

So then my question is what would be considered a good fare? I tried doing a search but I haven't seen anything that is similar to my situation in a recent time frame.

Considering that I'd be going at an off peak season, shouldn't the prices be cheaper than for summer? I've searched previous posts and it seems like 1000 would be a good price for the summer. Shouldn't I be seeing rates for lower than 1000 for my dates? I've done some searches and I can't find any trips that are lower than 1000.

Am I looking too early? Would it be possible for the fare to go down to the 800s? Or would it be in my best interest to book now before my desired flights run out?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but I would really like to know!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,548 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What price to book for February to spain

You might as well ask a magic 8 ball. If you've got some time, the best you can do is watch fares for your particular dates for a while so you know what they typically are and then if you see a sale, buy.

Edited: 20 September 2013, 04:16
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,042 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What price to book for February to spain

$1,000 will not be a price you will see in summer for those flights!!

Summer prices are usually way higher than that!

Anything around that price is good the rest of the year.

In Feb. you might find something under $1,000 if you are lucky.

Right now airlines are showing their "sale" prices(not very low) for Fall. You'll have to wait a bit to see if they need to have a sale for Feb.

IF I had specific dates that I needed to leave for this trip I'd buy now if I could afford it and if not I'd wait until Oct or Nov to see if the prices go down. It all depends on how much you can easily spend.

6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What price to book for February to spain

Thanks for the answer, Riff. That's the kind of information I was looking for.

I guess I do have the time to wait so I'll check again in Oct or Nov.

4. Re: What price to book for February to spain

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 06:19