We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates Ground Staff In HYD very Rude To mother With Infant

Dar es Salaam...
1 post
Save Topic
Emirates Ground Staff In HYD very Rude To mother With Infant

I really had a very bad experience with emirates ground staff in hyderabad on the 18 sep 2013 they are very rude knowing that i was with two infants. they made me wait for nearly 2 hours in line inspite of me requesting them to check me in fast and also being a skyward member this is the treatment i got . After reaching the counter i requested them to allow my hand luagge to put in the main luggage as i cant carry with the infants they refused and inspite they told me that i should pay them extra for this hand luggage or i need to seprate them in to seven kgs and carry .inspite of me requesting them please understand i am with two infants they refused and the manager there who was suppose to assist came and said kindly decide if you are paying or else we will remove ur baggage and will put u on to the next flight . I think it is very rude of them to reply like that. i have been travelling more than 10 years but never faced such bad experiences. I booked emirates thinking that i will get better service with infants but it all went in vein if i would have choosed qatar i would have got better service i guess. I recomend Mothers travelling with Infants please be careful in choosing your flight. Dont do the mistake what i did. And i was told that they give first preference to infants but that was not the case at all it was all rubbish. they gave us seating on the back inspite of requesting them that we will need basinnet seating . I think all the staff at hyderabad emirates need to be changed as they dont have value for their Passangers.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
20,187 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emirates Ground Staff In HYD very Rude To mother With Infant

What level skyward member are you? AFAIA Blue & Silver don't allow you any express checkin. Also, you wanted to put your hand luggage in the hold? If it puts you over your limit then of course there is going to be a charge.

Is this why you believe they were rude? Because they wouldn't bend the rules for you?

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,028 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emirates Ground Staff In HYD very Rude To mother With Infant

Silvers are allowed to check in on business class lines or silver skywards lines depending on the airport.

OP - you say your travel a lot and have skywards membership yet you give the impression you haven't travelled with EK before further down in your post.

Suggest you contact Emirates directly:

emirates.com/uk/…

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,142 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emirates Ground Staff In HYD very Rude To mother With Infant

A few questions as you have posted this with your experience of Emirates.

Had you used up all your checked in luggage allowance of 30kg? Then you wanted to add more to this with extra hand luggage? Had you not thought about it before hand of how to carry hand baggage and look after 2 children? Of course Emirates are going to charge you if your over the allowance, everyone has to pay for excess. you say you were asked to separate your hand luggage in 7kgs, how much extra did you have???? And did you eventually pay excess?

Was the check in very busy or were you there to early to check in and had to wait for the counters to open? Or did you arrive late and had to wait for the 2 hours as it was packed with people checking in, then miss getting bulk head seats when you asked for them. If you are a regular traveler as you suggest you would know to request those seats.

If indeed they were going to put you on the next flight it must of been some 'discussion' you had with ground staff

As Bronia has said if your silver Skywards you can check in, in the business class line or silver/gold line.

Oh and Bronia, hope the case is packed!

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emirates Ground Staff In HYD very Rude To mother With Infant

I cannot believe Emirate made you wait your turn. Then they had the hide to make you abide by the same baggage rules as everyone else (and that you agreed to when purchasing ticket). And then the Manager also had the arrogance to reinforce the correct enforcement of the rules everyone must abide by.

Outrageous

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emirates Ground Staff In HYD very Rude To mother With Infant

I don't think Emirates did anything wrong.

Preference for infants usually applies to boarding first - not jumping the queue at check-in

basinnet seats? You should have requested these before you flew, maybe they were full up when you boarded with other parents who'd thought ahead.

Luggage? Just because you're travelling with children doesn't mean the baggage rules don't apply, and that you should be allowed to carry over-weight bags on board, or exceed your luggage allowance.

So it doesn't seem to me they were rude at all - sounds more like you didn't like it when you couldn't get what you wanted

ps you forgot to include "Avoid!" and "Never fly.." in your title

Edited: 20 September 2013, 14:17
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,858 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emirates Ground Staff In HYD very Rude To mother With Infant

I smell a troll....

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emirates Ground Staff In HYD very Rude To mother With Infant

Majority of the staff at HYD is not employed by Emirates.

8. Re: Emirates Ground Staff In HYD very Rude To mother With Infant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 September 2013, 17:05
Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Emirates Ground Staff In HYD very Rude To mother With Infant

And I suspect you threw a strop because Emirates wouldn't allow you to jump the queue and that's why you were treated as you were, I've always seen Emirates do everything they can to help people with small children so I can't believe they were any different with you.

10. Re: Emirates Ground Staff In HYD very Rude To mother With Infant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 September 2013, 17:05