We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight booking error with Easy Jet and still no refund

Divonne-les-Bains...
4 posts
Save Topic
Flight booking error with Easy Jet and still no refund

If anyone can help I booked flights with easy jet and although I checked my details before sending the confirmation came back with the reverse. I phoned the helpline who changed the flights and quoted me a price for doing so, they did not quote the total price as I discovered when the confirmation came through with an outrageous amount. I phoned back immediately and asked to cancel as the cost of my tickets had gone from 380 euros to 970 euros. This was all done within 24 hours and the 4th person I spoke to assured me the flights were cancelled and I had been refunded. (It took 1 for the flight change and 3 phone calls to repeatedly ask for the flights to be cancelled).

They are now claiming I did not call or answer messages from them yet I have calls logged on my land line and no missed calls/messages or emails. I still have flights booked at a price I can not afford on a credit card I now cant use. I'm not sure what to do next! My emails are met with an automated reply and a suggestion to call the 'customer care' which appears to be anything but.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,587 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight booking error with Easy Jet and still no refund

Is the issue that your flights weren't really cancelled after all or just that you have yet to receive a refund?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,134 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight booking error with Easy Jet and still no refund

Hi

Just a quick question.

Did you book direct with Easyjet?

Jackie

Divonne-les-Bains...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight booking error with Easy Jet and still no refund

It seems they are claiming they weren't cancelled, after me csll asking them to be cancelled I had a message asking me to call back and confirm cancellation which I did, then I later called again as I had still not had any confirmation or refund. The guy tapped on the computer and told me they were cancelled and I was now being charged 400 euros. I asked for an email confirming that and he said it would br sent. The flights are still there !

Divonne-les-Bains...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight booking error with Easy Jet and still no refund

I booked through their online system but yes, was direct and the 0800 number was the one given for all enquiries

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,134 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight booking error with Easy Jet and still no refund

Hi

Easyjet don't have 0800 numbers.

Firstly, write down step by step what has happened and write down your booking reference numbers then phone them again

Secondly, take the blame fully for the original mistake and ask for help. Don't tell them you checked it and it is their fault, because the computer only remembers what it is told. Attitude is everything in a situation like this.

Be grateful at every step, but if you get an unsympathetic misery then ring off and try someone else.

Good luck

Jackie

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight booking error with Easy Jet and still no refund

What is the 0800 number.

Divonne-les-Bains...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight booking error with Easy Jet and still no refund

Thank you, sane advice, I feel a bit sick about it all. The number starts with 08 but will now go and put it all together.

Thank you, will post what happens.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight booking error with Easy Jet and still no refund

The reason i asked for the number is, I"m wondering if it is Easyjet.

9. Re: Flight booking error with Easy Jet and still no refund

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 05:19