We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook flight - extra legroom or front seat???

Guildford, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thomas Cook flight - extra legroom or front seat???

Booked on Thomas Cook flight TCX1542 from Gatwick to Antalya.

Need to book spaces with extra legroom, but I'm worried that you might gets bumped off them at check in if another passenger with 'special assistance needs' requires my seat.

I wondered if the front seats were any good, they say that they do not give extra legroom though. Has anyone seen or tried the front row seats? Are they any good for us tall people!? Not sure if they are facing a wall or anything?

Many thanks in advance! :)

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,558 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas Cook flight - extra legroom or front seat???

Front row seats are usually behind a bulkhead, which is why they are sold as front row, with a lower supplement than extra legroom. Long legged people have no seat in front to put their feet under, so may find them restrictive. I'd go for extra legroom exit seats.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
85 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas Cook flight - extra legroom or front seat???

I always try to book ahead on the airlines website. Try for the Exit rows. If you are travelling as a family then you usually cannot book a exit row. Everyone in your group needs to be over 16 years old (usually to sit in an exit row seat!)

South of England
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas Cook flight - extra legroom or front seat???

I'd agree exactly with LeylandSunaddicts wise words.

Those front row seats I find can often be more uncomfortable as no room to stretch legs/feet into the space under a normal seat.

London, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas Cook flight - extra legroom or front seat???

Need to book spaces with extra legroom, but I'm worried that you might gets bumped off them at check in if another passenger with 'special assistance needs' requires my seat.

=============================================

I'm no expert, but the extra legroom seats which aren't at the front are usually (always?) the emergency exit rows, and you need to be able-bodied to sit there. Presumably, if you weren't, you'd be moved at check-in or at the gate. There's no possibility anyone with "special assistance needs" would be given those seats.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,269 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas Cook flight - extra legroom or front seat???

It generally depends on the equipment and the carrier for bulkhead seats.

If it's a sched. carrier and wide bodied equipment, there will likely be more legroom behind the bulkheads.

If it is a charter or discount carrier, which often use smaller equipment...likely less legroom.

Guildford, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas Cook flight - extra legroom or front seat???

Thanks everyone, I went with the extra legroom exit seats just to be safe! x

7. Re: Thomas Cook flight - extra legroom or front seat???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 05:17