We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida as a stopover traveling to New Zealand

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Florida as a stopover traveling to New Zealand

Hi,

Would Like to travel to New Zealand but was wondering if it is feasable to travel via Florida Disneyworld, as I would be travelling with two children aged 6 and 4. Has anyone travelled those routes before? Am I being unrealistic?

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida as a stopover traveling to New Zealand

Which airline were you thinking of flying with? The majority of 'normal' routes to NZ are via Dubai,Hong Kong,Singapore.AirNZ flies from Heathrow to LA and then on to Auckland.

I think this is unrealistic.You'd be looking at a flight to Florida and then another flight to connect with NZ bound flight.I don't know which US airlines fly into NZ but I don't think they fly from Florida.

You could visit the original Disneyland in LA if you flew in there for a couple of days and then continued to NZ.This would mean just two flights.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,437 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida as a stopover traveling to New Zealand

Agree with mummygaot, It makes much more sense to go via LA and Disneyland.

In my opinion children aged 6 and 4 will enjoy Disneyland much more.

Walt Disney World and surrounds has so much to see and do it is better suited to slightly older children particularly for a short stopover unless you really only want to go there for some reason.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida as a stopover traveling to New Zealand

You can check out the various combinations on the http://matrix.itasoftware.com using the multicity function, I would try putting in both Florida and LA to see what comes up.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florida as a stopover traveling to New Zealand

I agree with #1 and #2

I would not bother with that link in #3 as just looked at routing offered for someone on another thread and came up with , in my opinion, ridiculous routings.

Agree with the suggestion :

You could visit the original Disneyland in LA if you flew in there for a couple of days and then continued to NZ.This would mean just two flights

That would seem a very good idea

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,222 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florida as a stopover traveling to New Zealand

Stop at Disney in Hong Kong instead

6. Re: Florida as a stopover traveling to New Zealand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 05:18