We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United and Economy Plus Review

california
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
United and Economy Plus Review

I thought I'd take the time and leave my thoughts, as I don't really understand all the bad reviews.

We flew LAX - EWR; EWR-TXL on United 757-200 International Version aircraft.

I upgraded all except the first flight LAX to EWR.

The seats are definitely much more comfortable, much more leg room (although Im short @ 5'2 and my son 5'5) it was a world of difference compared to being in the middle or back of the plane in those tiny seats.

I think I chose the best row... row 8, right behind the bulkhead seats.... in front of Economy...

I paid an average of $100 extra per leg to upgrade (less on the LAX-EWR flights)

I have a fear of flying (a lot) and this is the first time in years I felt a little bit more at ease with the flights... maybe I have a fear of being enclosed? because the front is much more "open"

The service was also very courteous from all the flight attendants.

Not sure why all the bad reviews... but even though my 1st ever United flight was not a great experience, I have to say, they are an A+ in my book.

:)

Palmetto, Florida
Level Contributor
5,800 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: United and Economy Plus Review

Glad you enjoyed UA and E+

E+ worth paying for on long flights.

I prefer sitting in front too, always have, even in grade school.

Most flight attendants are courteous IME as well.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,521 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: United and Economy Plus Review

Nice review. United's international 757s are very good, with full AVOD throughout the Y cabin and comfortable seats. Some complain about them being narrow body for long haul, but imo (a) we've been flying narrow bodies across the pond for donkey's years (remember the 707), and (b) the convenience of being able to fly non stop to/from regional airports in Europe far outweighs the "disadvantages".

california
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: United and Economy Plus Review

Thanks! Glad u liked the review!

Forgot to mention: since I booked like 10 months in advance, I knew the times of my flight would change, and sure enough, 2 times causing a misconection ... Both times I called customer service (I was very nice with a smile) told the rep. Which flight combination I would like... And ended up each time with a killer flight schedule! Much more expensive than my original booking.

Originally I had 3 flights over to reach berlin at noon, by the end, I ended up with only 2 flights and arriving at 8am!

What a deal, hu?

Never did they give me any problem and of course never did they try and charge me the difference.

I'm a happy customer!

4. Re: United and Economy Plus Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 05:18