We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet-Possible flight cancellation due to weather

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Easyjet-Possible flight cancellation due to weather

Hey everyone!

I have a flight with EASYJET from Athens,Greece to Reykjavik,Iceland in January via Edinburgh,Scotland!

Athens-Edinburgh 19 Jan

Edinburgh-Reykjavik 20 Jan

Reykjavik-Edinburgh 27 Jan

Edinburgh-Athens 30 Jan

The thing is that I 've heard that in winter flights in Scotland can easily get canceled,so I am a bit worried if only one leg of the trip is canceled.What happens in these situations?I mean let's say that I am in Reykjavik and my flight to Edinburg is canceled,then I will probably have problems with my connection flight to Athens.Or if I am in Athens and only the flight to Edinburgh is canceled,I would also miss the one to Reykjavik(although there is a gap of 20 hours between those 2 flights).What happens in those cases??Is there a possibility to stuck in Iceland or Scotland??

Thaaaanks in advance!

Pavlos :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet-Possible flight cancellation due to weather

Why have you posted this here when you got very good replies in both the Edinburgh and Reykjavik forums?

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet-Possible flight cancellation due to weather

Because this is not about the places,but about the airline.I know what generally airlines do in such cases,but easyjet sometimes is different in a bad way!...

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,649 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet-Possible flight cancellation due to weather

As you probably already know, Easyjet are a Point to Point airline. They do not sell connecting flights so if you choose to put connections together yourself you do so at your own risk. This is why you have been advised to get good travel insurance - Easyjet's own doesn't cover against missed connections because they don't sell connections.

You've allowed enough time between flights for ordinary delays so shouldn't have a problem there. Easyjet rarely cancel flights altogether, I've known them to charter aircraft in from another operator rather than cancel but all airlines do sometimes.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,879 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet-Possible flight cancellation due to weather

Good travel insurance is your answer!

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,123 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet-Possible flight cancellation due to weather

Hi

One of the big winter problems for airports in the UK is snow. The wrong snow!

Our weather usually is slightly warmer than freezing during the day and so the snow melts a bit, it then refreezes at night creating sheets of solid ice. This doesn't happen in countries where minus temperatures are usual night and day.

I don't know as I live in the south but I would have thought this was much less of a problem in Scotland where it is colder.

Easyjet are an extremely reliable airline and do not cancel flights as a matter of course. I have lost count of he number of flights I have made with Easyjet, including Luton - Reykjavik and back, and never once has a flight been cancelled. The odd delay, yes, but never cancelled and my travelling time is mostly in the winter.

Jackie

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet-Possible flight cancellation due to weather

Hey!!...Thank you all for your answers!...Well,I hope I won't have a problem...:) :)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyjet-Possible flight cancellation due to weather

If you've already booked the flights there's no point in worrying about it, airlines only cancel if there's no other solution and i don't think they would fly to Edinburgh in winter if this was a problem, i'm sure you'll be fine.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easyjet-Possible flight cancellation due to weather

In my experience easyJet are more likely to cancel impending flights because of industrial action (eg ATC) than weather.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,123 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easyjet-Possible flight cancellation due to weather

Hi

I've just checked flight stats for the last thirty days and forty European airlines cancelled flights.

Easyjet did not cancel a single flight, BA came in at ninth with 97 cancellations.

Jackie

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easyjet-Possible flight cancellation due to weather

Thanks again everyone!...I am new here and I didn't believe that so many people would respond,so thank you honestly!...:) :)