We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United Airlines: "Missing" the last leg of a Flight

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
United Airlines: "Missing" the last leg of a Flight

I'm flying into the states from Europe. United has me landing in Denver at 11am. I have a flight to Durango, Colorado the next morning at 8am.

I checked to see if I could get the flight moved to the next day because of jetlag and the fact that I'd like to see some friends in Denver. It would cost over $900.

However, on the website, there is a flight leaving the exact time I want on the day I want that costs $180.

Here is my delima. If I 'miss' the Durango flight, would it affect my return flight to Europe at all?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,958 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: United Airlines: "Missing" the last leg of a Flight

In a word yes! Your return flight would automatically be cancelled, so don't even think about just not showing up!

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: United Airlines: "Missing" the last leg of a Flight

Hmmm. Ok. Would it be possible to get that leg of the flight cancelled ahead of time?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
17,588 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: United Airlines: "Missing" the last leg of a Flight

Depends upon the terms of the ticket you have. If you were quoted $900 for a change then I doubt it would be cheap to cancel either.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,958 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: United Airlines: "Missing" the last leg of a Flight

You could change but there will be a hefty fee for cancelling that last leg if you bought a cheap ticket that was non transferable!

5. Re: United Airlines: "Missing" the last leg of a Flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 06:23