We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage fees

MIddlesbrough
2 posts
Save Topic
Baggage fees

Am flying in October 2013 from Manchester, UK to Frankfurt to Denver Colorado on a ticket from Lufthansa-United Airlines--whatever that means. How much will I be charged for my extra bag weighing under 50 pounds? Can I pay with a U.S. debit card or do I need cash?

Also when I arrive at the airport do I check in at the Lufthansa desk or the United desk?

Canada
Level Contributor
5,007 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage fees

I have used Lufthansa to Frankfurt and then on to Canada, and used the Lufthansa desk at MAN.

They are both Star Alliance members so will send you to the right one if necessary.

According to the United airlines website $100 for the second checked bag.

MIddlesbrough
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage fees

Thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,261 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baggage fees

There is no "United desk" or "Lufthansa desk". The check-in desks are owned by the airport and are allocated to airlines as needed. When you get to the airport, there will be screens listing departing flights and showing which check-in desks are being used for each flight.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
6,048 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baggage fees

It's really very simple, the policy is to allways check in with the operating carrier.

5. Re: Baggage fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 06:24