We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United Airlines to Orlando

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
205 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
United Airlines to Orlando

Has anyone flown to MCO with United Airlines. We had direct flights with Aer Lingus but flight is now overbooked and they have transferred us now onto the flight Dublin to Newark and then Newark to Orlando.

Just wondering what is there inflight service like? Aer Lingus allows you to upgrade your meal to fillet steak with a glass of wine for small fee, Does United Airlines offer this

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: United Airlines to Orlando

As far as I can tell DUB-EWR is by 757(narrow body) then you have a pretty long connection time (between 4-5hrs) then it's either a 757 or 737 from EWR-MCO with food etc for purchase only

So in summary you are swapping a wide body for narrow , full service for limited and non stop for an extra 4-5hrs travelling, just hope Aer Lingus have made all that worth your while

Edited: 04 October 2013, 21:23
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,730 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: United Airlines to Orlando

If the DUB-EWR flight is with United, then it's a 757 narrowbody. But, you'll have in seat video with full AVOD, so not bad at all. To my knowledge, United doesn't offer a buy on board upgrade meal service for transatlantic flights.

The EWR-MCO leg is domestic, and most people seem to regard the US domestic carriers as a bus service. The flights are currently flown by A320s, 757-200s or 737-800/900. You may get some form of in flight entertainment on the aircraft, which may be overhead screens (free) or Live DirecTV (paid for). Food service on domestic flights in economy is buy-on-board, so you may want to buy something in the airport (the C concourse at Newark has a good selection of food outlets).

Edited: 04 October 2013, 21:50
Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: United Airlines to Orlando

I wasn't impressed when they rang to let me know the flight was overbooked & to let me know that they have partnered up with United Airlines. Yes they have made it worth our while but that was only after I insisted on a lot of extras or otherwise I was not giving up our direct considering that we booked our flights 9 months ago.

We only have 1hr 40min overlay in Newark outbound which isn't too bad. We clear customs in Dublin so we have plenty of time to make our connecting flight.

Just concerned that plane is narrowbody and won't have much space to walk up and down the aircraft to stretch the legs during the flight

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,350 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: United Airlines to Orlando

The Dublin to Newark leg is maybe not as long as you think. I actually found that flight went pretty quickly and did not have a problem with the narrow body plane. Last time I did it was probably two years ago. Our plane had in seat screens for watching movies. I don't remember if it was on demand or not. I think if you bring books or movies, the time will go quicker than you think. Don't expect much in the way of gourmet food, though. They'll feed you but it won't be great. Typically you can get alcoholic drinks. I think wine was free but don't remember. I do not think you can upgrade the meal. I've never seen a food upgrade option on any of the United transatlantic flights I've taken.

The EWR-MCO will be a typical domestic USA flight. Cramped plane, no free food, no video. But it's short. As USBusinessTraveller said, Terminal C in Newark has several food options so you can buy something to bring with you if needed. Or just eat in the terminal before boarding.

5. Re: United Airlines to Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 06:20