We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter getaway

3 posts
Save Topic
Winter getaway

Hey guys, I'm planning my yearly winter trip with my girlfriend but I'm stuck on where to go. We want to go to somewhere hot, somewhat lively but can also have our personal time as well. We went to Cancun last year and loved it but we dont want to go to the same place. Ive also been to san juan and it felt kinda run down. It doesnt have to be in Mexico or central america. Can be anywhere. Couple of my friends suggested Antigua, how is that compared to cancun or san juan? Thanks guys

3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter getaway

By the way, we're both in our 20s. Is Antigua suitable for young couples?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,328 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter getaway

All depends on your budget and what you're into really. Antigua is going to be a lot more laid back than San Juan or Cancun but I'm in my 20s too and Cancun is my idea of hell.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter getaway

Antigua is more laid back than "party central" prefer the Caribbean Sea side of the island rather than the Atlantic side-you may want to post on the Caribbean forum as well for a response

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
29,780 posts
545 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winter getaway

Since you are asking, go to Bora Bora.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
17,519 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Winter getaway

Duplicate Post:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12289-k6901328…

What is "somewhat hot" and when is during the winter? There are a lot of places I would not go because they might be "cool" during the winter.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Winter getaway

Consider Negril Jamaica, great beach and bars and a lot of resorts to choose from, we go often and love it, pm me if you need to or check it out on TA.

7. Re: Winter getaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 06:20