We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Missing eticket

leicestershire
Level Contributor
161 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Missing eticket

This morning I booked 4 seats on a flight with Finnair. 3 out of the 4 etickets arrived very quickly but the 4th still hasn't turned up. I've checked my confirmation and it definitely has 4 passengers on it. Now I'm feeling very worried about it! Has anyone else had this problem with Finnair? Did the eticket turn up quite quickly or did you need to phone them to get it sorted out?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
674 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Missing eticket

If you have confirmation number, you might be able to find the ticket information from Finnair site or whatever site you purchased. If not, you should check with Finnair or site operator.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Missing eticket

How does an eTicket "turn up" ? You don't get sent one.

If you did one purchase, then you'll have one reference number (PNR) which if you use that on the airline website, you should see has 4 names associated with it. Is that the case? If so you are good to go.

If you made 4 separate purchases, one for each seat, and you only received 3 PNRs in your email then it seems the fourth has gone astray, phone them.

But to reiterate, no one sends you an eTicket. They will send you purchase confirmation and a reference number, but that's not your eTicket.

leicestershire
Level Contributor
161 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Missing eticket

joeintheuk.... thank you!!! I've mis-understood what I've been sent. It was only a *receipt* for each person! I've done as you suggested and checked the airline website with my reference number... there are indeed 4 passengers listed so I'm a happy bunny! :)

Finland
Level Contributor
894 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Missing eticket

Finnair should send you 4 confirmation emails, one for each passenger. I presume you are talking about them. You have one itinerary, which you can check at checkmytrip.com. All 4 passengers and their e-ticket numbers should appear in there. Are you sure that your email program did not do something with one of the emails, e.g. move it to spam folder?

leicestershire
Level Contributor
161 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Missing eticket

Yes YukeTheTraveler, it's just one of the confirmation emails that hasn't arrived. I've checked my itinerary on the Finnair website and it lists 4 passengers so it's not a problem. Thanks anyway.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Missing eticket

I booked a flight today and the BA confirmation page actually says (wrongly) "we'll send you an eTicket" !

Very annoying, it's not possible and they shouldn't be misleading people. If they don't know what they are sending how can the general public be expected to know.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,827 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Missing eticket

Well add another airline that doesn't know what they they are doing as Qatar's confirmation to me Email, Subject heading "Your E-ticket" says:

"Dear Customer,

We are pleased to attach your E-ticket for your travel."

The actual .pdf file says "E-Ticket Receipt".

So when is an E-ticket not an E-ticket?

Edited: 09 October 2013, 20:59
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Missing eticket

So when is an E-ticket not an E-ticket?

--------

Almost never and never when mentioned in these forums unless I've mentioned it on my one man quixotic quest :-) If its been emailed or printed its just a receipt or an acknowledgement or similar.

An eTicket is an entry that lives inside a computer and never comes out to see the light of day.

<\pedant off>

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5,187 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Missing eticket

"3 out of the 4 [whatevers] arrived very quickly but the 4th still hasn't turned up"

Did you check your spam folder?

-JimG

London
Level Contributor
8,285 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Missing eticket

Whether you call it e-ticket, receipt or confirmation - I have three flights booked with three different airlines and they all state your e ticket attached. My Sri Lankan booking clearly states 'you must present a copy at check-in otherwise you may not be allowed to travel'.