We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to New York

Peterhead, United...
4 posts
Save Topic
Flights to New York

Need flights on 23rd Dec to 3rd Jan Aberdeen UK to New York. Prices are coming in at £850+ per person booking direct with the airline. (which i would prefer to do) I know for these dates that the prices are going to be high. SO should i book now or wait and see if the prices come down a bit? Is this likely?

Airlines i'm looking at are BA, Virgin and Aer Lingus

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to New York

Why not look at KLM via AMS they seem to come in at £799

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
24,478 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to New York

Try expedia to compare and then pick one airline.

Edited: 09 October 2013, 20:05
Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to New York

Can't see the prices coming down for dates that close to Christmas-out of the 3 you mention would choose Aer Lingus as would imagine JFK being bedlam on DEC 23 so pre-clearance at DUB could be a real bonus

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,079 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to New York

Nobody will know for certain whether prices will reduce but I personally think it unlikely.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to New York

You may actually in this instance be better off booking with www.lastminute.com . The reason being they can put you on a Delta flight followed by a KLM flight without using codeshare, and still on one ticket. Technicalities here mean you can be on the same flights with the same level of security service etc as everyone else without paying as much as the airlines want directly.

For example, at Lastminute flights on the date you want, leaving 11:50am arriving 18:55 one change in Paris and on the way back leaving 17:55 arriving 10:15 one change Amsterdam would be £1197 from Air France, but is just £732 at LastMinute.

6. Re: Flights to New York

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 06:20