We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is the best airline serving Beirut-Dublin?

Level Contributor
20 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
what is the best airline serving Beirut-Dublin?

I have a trip to Dublin and not sure about which airline to choose. The most important for me is the legroom and seat size.

Any suggestions?

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what is the best airline serving Beirut-Dublin?

No airlines fly direct to Dublin from Beirut. You will have to fly via somewhere, BA could be the most convenient. Otherwise, look at Air France or Lufthansa.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what is the best airline serving Beirut-Dublin?

It could also be possible to go via Istanbul ( Turkish ), Bucharest ( Tarom ) or even via Dubai or Abu Dhabi ( Emirates and Etihad )....

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what is the best airline serving Beirut-Dublin?

If cost isn't as important as legroom, etc., can you fly biz class? Otherwise, check a site such as Expedia or Kayak listing various airline flying this route (e.g., Turkish, BA, Lufthansa, Alitalia, Emirates, Eithad, others), look at the aircraft use for each leg, and check sites such as Seatguru, Seatmaestro, etc. Plus check airlinequality.com for reviews, but look carefully to see what aircraft the reviewer flew on.

Edited: 11 October 2013, 21:21
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,873 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what is the best airline serving Beirut-Dublin?

BA seem to have the best connection via LHR

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what is the best airline serving Beirut-Dublin?

OP says legroom and seat size at the top priorities. Depends on the aircraft, I'd think.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,873 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what is the best airline serving Beirut-Dublin?

It's a 5 hour flight to LHR then another hour to DUB. I think the majority of carriers will use an A321 or B737.

BA use an Airbus as do Turkish to IST then a 737 to DUB.

AF use a A330 and B777 for the BEY to CDG so they could opt for Premium Economy over BC and both are wide bodied jets so a much larger aircraft. however the flight from CDG to DUB is operated by City Jet on a RJ85

Really most of these carriers will have very similar seat pitch and width unless as you say the OP forks out for business class they will pretty much have the same experience whoever they fly with. I suspect that they don't want to pay for BC or they would have asked a different question.

7. Re: what is the best airline serving Beirut-Dublin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2014, 06:19