We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supplying API for on line check in

Nantwich, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Supplying API for on line check in

Has anyone else found this problem.

I have recently renewed my passport. The new expiry date is 29th February 2024.

Trying to provide Advanced Passenger Info onto Easyjet site was not possible as the drop down menu with the days did not allow for a date of 29 th Feb.....only happens every 4 years eh !

Got through to Easyjet eventually and they did check in for me manually.

But this is going to happen again and again to me unless that change their website.

Does anyone have knowledge of a similar problem with other airlines ?

Or should I be looking at changing my passport

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,246 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supplying API for on line check in

An interesting dilemma, I would speak to the passport office about getting a date change.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
7,148 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supplying API for on line check in

I find that really interesting actually and something that would never have occurred to me. Let us know what happens!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supplying API for on line check in

I'm just having the exact same problem, we're taking a friend away for her birthday and her expiry date on her passport is 29th Feb 2020 so I can't check her in. Really don't have to ring but looks like will have to. Is it worth risking 28th?!

Palmetto, Florida
Level Contributor
5,463 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supplying API for on line check in

My suggestion (to no one in particular) would be for EasyJet to change their program to allow this. Why put it on the passengers, for goodness sake.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supplying API for on line check in

I think that's why the OP asked if the same problem happens with other airlines. The API information is fed by the airline into UK Border Agency systems. Is the problem poor programming by Easyjet's web designers or by HM Government?

Nantwich, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Supplying API for on line check in

I considered this but decided not to risk it.......could end up being turned away at the desk and not be allowed to board

7. Re: Supplying API for on line check in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 06:20