We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expedia Singapore Double Charged Me

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Expedia Singapore Double Charged Me

Hi All,

I booked a ticket to Arusha, Tanzania via Expedia Singapore on July 31st, 2013 and was charged both by Expedia and Emirates. I don't know how this could have happened but Expedia has been slow to rectify the situation and has not yet removed the US$2858.47 charge on July 31st, 2013 from Emirates as Expedia Singapore already charged me US$2600 on July 31st for the ticket.

I was wondering what my legal options are as this is entirely unacceptable? Thank you for any advice/feedback.

Best regards,

Trenton L. Gaddis

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,857 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expedia Singapore Double Charged Me

Double check with your bank as to who charged what and how much was actually charged. Quite often you will show 2 charges. One from Expedia for their fees and one from the airline for the actual tickets. I think you'll find that the actuall charges will match what you paid. If they do not match and funds have actually been deducted from your account for two tickets, dispute the charge.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,115 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expedia Singapore Double Charged Me

Are you positive that one of these is not a "hold" and the other an actual charge? As said above, speak to your bank for clarification.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,056 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expedia Singapore Double Charged Me

It's very unfortunate but it happens with the best of them.

If its a pre-auth, it should have auto released by now. As explained above, be sure you double check and then if it is indeed a mistake, take it up with your credit card provider first. Although extremely inconvenient, you'll find there's probably little to no need for legal action.

Edited: 16 October 2013, 04:09
4. Re: Expedia Singapore Double Charged Me

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 06:18