We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with electric items on easyjet?

London, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What to do with electric items on easyjet?

I am travelling with easyjet and didn't know whether its best to carry my hairdryer, hair straighners and some jewlerry with my hand or hold luggage

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,754 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do with electric items on easyjet?

Same as with why other airline - hand luggage, unless you can afford to lose them.

London, England
Level Contributor
7,772 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do with electric items on easyjet?

I would put jewellery, medication and anything of value in my hand luggage and the rest in my hold luggage. Just common sense, really.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,446 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do with electric items on easyjet?

If you can't afford to lose it or be without it (i.e.medication) for an extended period of time, put it into your hand luggage. I found it very interesting that you cannot put your straightener or an umbrella into your hand luggage when departing Punta Cana. Not an airline rule at all but a rule set by the airport.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
12,626 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do with electric items on easyjet?

Keep your jewellery with you in your hand luggage. I would put the hairdryer and straighteners in your hold luggage.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,754 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do with electric items on easyjet?

If they're expensive straighteners I certainly wouldn't put them in the hold, and I wouldn't risk my hairdryer not arriving.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,676 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do with electric items on easyjet?

Most hotels and self catering apartments have hairdryers in them, OK might not be as good as your own but it saves taking them with you.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
86 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do with electric items on easyjet?

Hand luggage. Wouldn't risk my ghd's being broke in the case or worse still, the case going missing.

Essex
Level Contributor
26,710 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do with electric items on easyjet?

Jewelry?

Valuable?????

Leave it at home in the safe!

It is only X weeks out of your life, but mega heightened risk of loosing the stuff....

London, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do with electric items on easyjet?

Thanks guys

10. Re: What to do with electric items on easyjet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 06:19