We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheapoair

Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
cheapoair

is there any more frustrating and pointless way of not booking a flight than trying with cheapoair??

I am old so my time is limited and I've wasted a considerable amount of it by both trying to book online and 3 long drawn out repetetive barely comprehensible phone calls.

My suggestion to anyone contemplating using this company is DONT.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheapoair

Please don't tell us you were eventually successful in making a booking with them? look at the threads on T/A about them

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,894 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheapoair

A quick search in this forum will reveal that hundreds of people agree with you. If you had come here to check *before* trying to book with Cheapo, you would have had all the information you need and wouldn't have bothered trying.

But thanks for the info, another data point in case someone does do their research and check before booking.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheapoair

If you were not old when you started dealing with them,,,then seemingly you would be by the time you finished,,,:-))

Stevens Point...
Level Contributor
9 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheapoair

Hi,

This is December 5, 2013. I booked through Cheapoair and am very disappointed. They promise an upto $50 refund if you book with them, hence them and not another organization. Well the $50 is good if you join their buyers club for $16.98 per month.

Plus the reservation has no BOOKING CODE. So you can't contact the airline and arrange for seating or other preferences.

Plus they are spamming me like I am their only potential customer.

Just ugly and annoying. If I mentioned competitors they would sensor me, but I have used others and they are much cleaner.

Cheapo? Creepo.

wayne iNWI

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheapoair

Call them to get the booking reference. You should *not* assume that you have a reservation with a ticket issued until you have confirmed this with the airline.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,843 posts
1,307 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheapoair

Cheapo? Wasn't he the fifth Marx brother?

I only hope that more travelers come here, or to similar sites, BEFORE they begin to try and find great deals on airfares.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: cheapoair

i am not an experienced traveler, but why dont you just book with an airline?

my method was to use google flights to search flights. it will list most or all flights from all airlines from any american or canadian airport. you can arrange them by number of stops, duration, price, etc. once you find the flight you like best, then book it through the airline, either on the airline's site, or phone. all of this is free.

8. Re: cheapoair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 06:19