We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP- Urgent problem with check in Lufthansa

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
HELP- Urgent problem with check in Lufthansa

Hi,

I wonder if anyone out there can help. I have just checked in for my flight to Venice tomorrow afternoon and selected to have the boarding pass emailed to me to print out. I have not received the email and because I have already requested a boarding pass Lufthansa will not reissue it through any medium. I cannot call the helpline as we have had builders in our house today and they have damaged the phone wires. NB I still have internet.

HELP!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,792 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP- Urgent problem with check in Lufthansa

I would go to a neighbors and use their phone!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,019 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP- Urgent problem with check in Lufthansa

Or use Skype.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
22,839 posts
504 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP- Urgent problem with check in Lufthansa

"I have not received the email and because I have already requested a boarding pass Lufthansa will not reissue it through any medium"

How long has it been since you checked in?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP- Urgent problem with check in Lufthansa

Have you checked your spam folder?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,569 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP- Urgent problem with check in Lufthansa

" I have not received the email and because I have already requested a boarding pass Lufthansa will not reissue it through any medium."

Can you not simply get it at the airport? If not, Lufthansa is unlike any other full-service airline I've used.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
3,663 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP- Urgent problem with check in Lufthansa

Re-do the online check-in process you should be able to display and print your boarding pass again or re-issue it.

In any case, if that doesn't work, you can ALWAYS get your boarding pass at the airport, that's no problem at all. Lufthansa has automated kiosks for check-in at most airports now. Just type in your booking code and name there and you should be able to get your boading pass. If not, somebody should be near the machines to assist you. Don't worry, you won't be left behind and you won't have to pay any extra charge. That's one advantage of choosing a full-service carrier over Ryanair, haha.

Edited: 17 October 2013, 22:01
7. Re: HELP- Urgent problem with check in Lufthansa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 06:19