We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why can't I do online check-in with Virgin? Any ideas please

England
Level Contributor
318 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Why can't I do online check-in with Virgin? Any ideas please

Hi

I've tried several times to do online check in for my family for our flight tomorrow, and just get a message saying that I can't check in online and need to check in at the airport.

We are travelling economy in extra leg room seats, with two teenagers.

Does anyone know why can't I do online check-in? Just a bit worried in case there is a problem with our seats. Thanks for any feedback.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
38,732 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why can't I do online check-in with Virgin? Any ideas please

One of the party might have been selected for random checks so you wouldn't be able to check in online. If there had been a change to your seats you would be able to see it on your booking.

Edited: 18 October 2013, 19:02
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why can't I do online check-in with Virgin? Any ideas please

There could be less seats available than your party needs, e.g 2 seats when your need 4. Or it could be as the last poster said that you have been selected for a random check. or thy could have already cheke in the allowed number of passengers for the flight so the remainder hve to check in at the airport. They release seats bit by bit so dont panic, just check in at the airport.

England
Level Contributor
318 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why can't I do online check-in with Virgin? Any ideas please

Thanks for that info.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,474 posts
2,110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why can't I do online check-in with Virgin? Any ideas please

I have found Virgin online check in to be a bit off a pain in the past. You can ring a number to look into the issue but you will probably be given a reason such as they are having technical difficulties.

As Leyland said it might be due to random checks.

5. Re: Why can't I do online check-in with Virgin? Any ideas please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 06:21