We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible timing of Virgin sale flights?

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Possible timing of Virgin sale flights?

I would like to fly direct to Vegas in April 2013; at the moment fares are coming out at £887. Does anyone have any idea if and when the prices might go down?

Thanks in advance.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,628 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible timing of Virgin sale flights?

"Does anyone have any idea if and when the prices might go down?" - Nobody apart from a select few in Virgin will know but BA are offering fares from £792 for April 2014

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
238 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible timing of Virgin sale flights?

Have you phoned them?

They may be able to tell you when the cheapest seats are for the best dates, and also if any rules apply to get the lowest fare?

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Possible timing of Virgin sale flights?

Thank you for your quick replies, I appreciate them and will give Virgin a ring. I'm trying to stick with them as I hope to have enough airmiles for a couple of free flights in 2014 ;)

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
12,671 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Possible timing of Virgin sale flights?

Lesley-Ann, don't forget that you have to pay the taxes etc for your "free flight" and they can be almost half the cost of the ticket or more!

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Possible timing of Virgin sale flights?

Virgin allegedly have a "3 Day sale" on now.

They also had a sale on a month or so ago. It seemed to have been just a "spoiler" to match the closing dates of the BA sale

South of England
Level Contributor
954 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Possible timing of Virgin sale flights?

If you are thinking of travelling over Easter I doubt the flights will be in the sale.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
286 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Possible timing of Virgin sale flights?

We got ours for last April in the November flight sale. We flew LGW-LAS then SFO-LHR for under £750 return which was only £30 more than indirect flights at that time. These were also in the Easter break.

Edited: 21 October 2013, 20:08
armagh
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Possible timing of Virgin sale flights?

i know people have given travelup bad reviews but i booked direct flights from gatwick to vegas return with them for 560 and everything was sound.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Possible timing of Virgin sale flights?

Thanks to everyone who replied - guess I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled!

10. Re: Possible timing of Virgin sale flights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 05:20