We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight connection times (LHR)

Dublin, Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
Flight connection times (LHR)

So I am travelling from Dublin via London Heathrow to Toronto in December.

I booked the flights with Expedia; both of them are operated by British Airways. (I assume we will be booking bags all the way through – only one ticket reference number so I don’t think we need to collect bags in T1 in LHR and try and check them in again in T5

According to the LHR website minimum connection time to travel between T1 and T5 is 90 minutes. Our layover is 1hr 35 m

Two questions:

• Has anyone transferred between these two terminals recently and in reality is 90 minutes sufficient?

• If I miss my connecting flight (either due to outbound Dublin flight being delayed or just because 90 minutes is not enough) will BA book me on the next available flight or do I need to go via expedia?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,133 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight connection times (LHR)

I've not done that terminal connection but you should be ok with 95 minutes but don't dawdle.

If you should miss the connection and assuming it's one ticket then BA should sort it out for you to get on another flight with available seats - some airlines insist that you go through the 3rd party you booked with and it can be down to the staff you encounter on the day.

2. Re: Flight connection times (LHR)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 05:17