We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from US to Basel, Switzerland via Frankfurt....

Corpus Christi, TX
Level Contributor
973 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Flying from US to Basel, Switzerland via Frankfurt....

Where do I go through customs and immigration?

Thanks you.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from US to Basel, Switzerland via Frankfurt....

Immigration: Frankfurt - customs: Basel.

Corpus Christi, TX
Level Contributor
973 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from US to Basel, Switzerland via Frankfurt....

Thank you. I have 1 hour and 40 minutes in Frankfurt. Is that usually enough time for immigration?

I don't think it would be in the US. I'll be arriving on a Lufthansa 747 from Dulles and departing on a Lufthansa Cityline flight. They are probably not close to each other.

Jane

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
4,409 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from US to Basel, Switzerland via Frankfurt....

I agree it would be a tight connection in the US. But EU immigration is nothing compared to US immigration. It doesn't take long.

1 hour 40 minutes is more than enough, don't worry. And the way itself is not that long, since I assume you'll arrive at Z and depart from A. Concourses A and Z are in the very same building only on different levels.

Edited: 24 October 2013, 17:20
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,019 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying from US to Basel, Switzerland via Frankfurt....

I don't know why, but I think more people ask about connection time in Frankfurt than any other airport, so if you search the forum, you'll find plenty of threads about how long it takes to connect in Frankfurt.

Corpus Christi, TX
Level Contributor
973 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying from US to Basel, Switzerland via Frankfurt....

Thanks, Young. That's helpful about the concourses being in the same building.

Jane

6. Re: Flying from US to Basel, Switzerland via Frankfurt....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 05:18