We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Dreamliner

buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson Dreamliner

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of traveling on the Thomson Dreamliner?

I am due to travel to Punta Cana on it in December and wondering about choosing seats. I heard row 39 has 2 seats together but not sure if the last row is a good place to be? The other option I think is to sit in the center 3 so as not to have to disturb a stranger when we get up.

I've been using the plan on seat guru to go by as you cannot tell where anything is from the Thomson plan, but just wondering how reliable this is as some things don't seem to match on the 2 plans?

any thoughts appreciated, thanks.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
307 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

This has already been discussed in great detail on this thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k66176…

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,308 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Seatguru isn't always accurate. What things are you trying to find?

buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

It's just to see the position of the seats, where all the toilets and walk ways are etc. seat guru doesn't recognize the plane from searching the flight number, so I just went by Thomson 787 which I think is the Dreamliner.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,308 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

I use seatplans. It doesn't give seat info, but layout is more accurate.

seatplans.com/airlines/…B787-2

buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Many thanks, I looked at seatplans, has some good info.

went for the 2 seats together on row 39, even though they apparently don't recline, but had to call Thomson flight extras to book them as there is a glitch on the website when trying to book these seats.

Sleaford, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

HI ba99.

I too recently looked into seating on Dreamliner & my 1st choice was to be row 39ab (ac) on Dreamliner.

I have read that they do have some recline but the other thing to consider is the seats line up with the aisle & the gap is against the window/cabin wall side. Not so much a problem on the day flight but no cabin wall to put your pillow against on the night flight leg.

We settled for 38ab instead hopefully no-one will book 38c (although from past experience that is wishful thinking). But even then I have since read reviews not to book any seats on the last 5 rows as they are all 33" not 34" on the outside seats. Too late now though the seats are booked.

After 28" last year on a BA flight going back to Thomson seating will be pure luxury.

buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
78 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Hi

Yes I think there is a gap by the window, but the seats have head rests that turn inwards so that should be good to rest on. I was hoping the gap might be a bit of extra space.

I hope it lives up to expectation!

8. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 06:21