We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying tickets IAD-BKK

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
buying tickets IAD-BKK

This is a story, not a question. I recently bought tickets from Washington DC to Bangkok for my family. I chose to drive to Washington rather than fly out of Charlotte. Looking at a orbitz, that was going to save me over $300 per ticket, and I was buying 3 tickets. The orbitz tickets I had decided on were on Etihad. I decided to check the Etihad website before buying the tickets, and saved an additional $300 per ticket off of the orbitz price. Long story short, check multiple options to get the best price.

For the record I have used orbitz before, and was pleased. I will use orbitz again in the future, when they offer the best price or an otherwise more desirable product. I will also check other souces before I purchase the tickets.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,761 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buying tickets IAD-BKK

Hi,

"Long story short, check multiple options to get the best price."

==> Good lesson for everyone.. You really do have to price-check or price-compare all the various sources or sales channels these days.. As a part of that, you also have to understand the pros and cons of buying through each type of sales channels as well.

Travel Safe,

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: buying tickets IAD-BKK

Hi

great advice but unfortunately the people that need to see and read this thread will never see it and we then will see them here as one post wonders complaing about how they got ripped off or scammed.

3. Re: buying tickets IAD-BKK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2014, 05:21