We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Genie - never received e- ticket, help

Shropshire
Level Contributor
73 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Genie - never received e- ticket, help

Few days ago I have booked 4 tickets with them to travel to Bangkok in July 2014. Payment gone through ok, received an invoice but I have never received etickets. I made several phone calls, sent several emails. Never received any reply on email. During phonecall conversation I was told that etickets will be sent right now, tommorow, next week, etc. I have never been in situation like that, always used to receive tickets at the time of booking. First time I used this company. I have bad feelings :( Any good advice what to do?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Genie - never received e- ticket, help

Contact your credit card supplier and challenge the payment, you haven't received what you paid for.

Next time, book direct.

Shropshire
Level Contributor
73 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Genie - never received e- ticket, help

Thanks. I have just done it. So there is no hope to get the tickets? Direct with airlines was over £500 more all together.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Genie - never received e- ticket, help

Depends on your point of view - with the airline you paid £500 more than you originally paid Holiday Genbut with one big difference, with the airline you will get a ticket for your money, with Holiday Genie all you have is a lot of grief and no ticket - so which is the best deal ??

Islington
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Genie - never received e- ticket, help

Firstly, have you checked your junk email box to see if the e-ticket went in there?

Is there a ticket number or a reference number provided by the airline on the invoice they sent you? If you go onto the airline's website and have the reference, you can usually check if they have your details and read any instructions about check-in etc.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Genie - never received e- ticket, help

Direct with airlines was over £500 more all together.

=======

If that was true you'd have the tickets wouldn't you ?

Its only cheaper if you actually receive the tickets. :-)

Shropshire
Level Contributor
73 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Genie - never received e- ticket, help

yes, I did check it. The thing is they never said they sent the tickets, they always say in 24h, 48h, sending right now, next week, etc. different story every time I call. My question was if it's any sense to wait longer for etickets, demand money back or start charge back procedure.

@somersetal - I went through saga with Air Asia two years ago, I booked with them directly and the cancelled my flight to KUL. Half a year a had to wait for tickets, which I received one week before travel.

There is no rules.

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,172 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Genie - never received e- ticket, help

I have booked with reputable and well known 3rd parties, such as Travelocity and Expedia and ALWAYS receive my confirmation with e-ticket number almost immediately. I would be wary of any company that made you wait 24 or 48 hours.

Shropshire
Level Contributor
73 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Genie - never received e- ticket, help

I called the airline, they said that we had a reservation but Holiday genie never paid for tickets and reservation was cancelled.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Genie - never received e- ticket, help

Essentially many of these agencies are a bunch of chancers, make up a price, advertise it, suckers (sorry) "buy", then they see what price they can get a flight at for real, probably much of the time they go back and say "credit card problems price has gone up" and a good enough percentage of suckers believe them and pay the new price plus their commission which by now is probably more than if they had bought directly.

You are well out of it. Double check your credit card charges for the next few months in case they recharge you, it's been known to happen with some agencies. Some people would advise you to cancel your card so they can't.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Genie - never received e- ticket, help

You do realise you never actually 'receive' an e-ticket. You'll receive a booking reference number, but the actual e-ticket will only be stored on the airline system, and you'll never actually see it.