We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin or Heathrow ?

Blue Hill, Maine
4 posts
Save Topic
Dublin or Heathrow ?

Has anyone flown Boston to Newcastle via Dublin rather than Heathrow.

Is it better/ quicker etc???

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin or Heathrow ?

Dublin knocks the spots off Heathrow for transiting through IMHO plus it could save you valuable time overall on the way back as you may be able to pre-clear US INS/Customs on route at Dublin for Boston

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
869 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin or Heathrow ?

Since October 27 all Boston flights are pre-clearing in Dublin's terminal 2

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,338 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin or Heathrow ?

Youtube " U S Customs at dublin airport "

Blue Hill, Maine
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin or Heathrow ?

Thanks for the advice ......... I am a green card holder ........how long lay over in Dublin would I need,

to go through US Customs and Immigration. thanks.

Blue Hill, Maine
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin or Heathrow ?

Ok I think I have one more question .........can I check my bag in at Newcastle to go through to Boston and not have to pick up in Dublin to do customs.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,654 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dublin or Heathrow ?

I would allow a layover of a minimum of 2 hours in Dublin to pre clear US Immigration/Customs and as far as I'm aware you should be able to check your bags through to the US from Newcastle assuming you're on a single ticket.

Blue Hill, Maine
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dublin or Heathrow ?

Ok thanks all for that .....

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dublin or Heathrow ?

Assume you are looking at Aer Lingus BOS-DUB-NCL flights? and as they are currently arriving at DUB 05.25hrs and departs for NCL at 06.50hrs the 95mins connecting time should be just fine assuming the BOS-DUB flight is on time,EI are pretty good at assisting pax with connections

On the way back on current schedules you should have plenty of time for pre-clearance

Edited: 13 November 2013, 17:39
9. Re: Dublin or Heathrow ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 05:18